Announcements for Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Today is Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Regular Order, Day 5
- The varsity basketball team will host John Curtis tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade starts at 4:30. Senior Night ceremonies will take place prior to the tip off of the varsity game. The student tailgate will begin at 5pm. Master Gunns will be cooking jambalaya.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Brother Martin in the 2nd round of the state playoffs on Wednesday, February 7 with kick off set for 3:30. Admission is $10.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit and non-Brother Martin) and $5.00 each for students (Jesuit and Brother Martin with ID) and children (ages 6-11).
- The annual school-wide king cake party will take place Thursday during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Organize your club, team, or homeroom to bring a king cake to the party.
- Friday will be a a purple, green, and gold day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt or a purple, green, and/or gold collared shirt tomorrow in place of your school shirt. Ask your homeroom teachers about the guidelines.
- Check out the latest episode of Ten Minute Break. Guests Cameron Martin and Mr. Genevose join the show for this special Mardi Gras edition.
- The 8th grade baseball team will meet today during the first half of lunch in the baseball locker room.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall
- The Card Magic Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The Spanish Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 409.
- The Blue Jay newspaper staff will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Student Communications Office.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today and tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Phils E-Board will meet today from 3:30-4:30pm.
- Model UN will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 203.
- Ice Cream Social Club merchandise forms will be handed out in the lunch line; all members should bring their five dollars to the coaches’ office by Friday morning.
- The JV baseball team will scrimmage Country Day at Pontiff this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage Lakeshore this evening at Miley starting at 6:30.
- The Basketball team plays at St. Aug on Thursday. There will be a spirit bus to support the Jays. The bus leaves at 5:30 from Jesuit. Permission forms are available in the Student Council Office, Room 131, and must be returned by Wednesday.
- Students who received an Honors Recommendation for next year’s Science courses are reminded that the deadline is this Friday to turn in the forms to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Students interested in serving breakfast to the homeless this Thursday at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte in Room 126 as soon as possible.
- Juniors: Service Directories are now available both on Canvas and in Junior homerooms.
- Juniors: This is a reminder that college counseling documents (Agreement, Biographical Information, and Resume) were due yesterday Check Canvas for instructions and information. See your college counselor with questions.
- An admissions representative from Regis University will be available during lunch in the college counseling suite
Check out the latest episode of Ten Minute Break at the new student life website www.thebluejay.news: