Announcements for Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Today is Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Mass Day Order, Day 7
- Intramural Sign ups are open for basketball and cabbage ball. 8th graders do not need to sign up by homeroom. Sign up on IMleagues.com. The instructions on how to sign up are on the student life page in canvas. The deadline for basketball sign ups is Friday.
- Attention Sodalists: there is no meeting today. The first sodality meeting of the semester will take place next Wednesday during all of lunch.
- The Sportsmen’s club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The Jesuit men of color will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Students interested in Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays meet today from 3:15-4:15 in Room 202.
- The varsity wrestling team will face Holy Cross this evening in a dual meet at Holy Cross starting at 6:00.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Destrehan this evening starting at 5:30. The jv game follows at 7:00.
- The 8th grade basketball team will play at St. Paul’s this evening starting at 5:30.
- The Mock Trial Team will practice this evening from 6:30-8:00 in Room 122. It’s not too late to join the team, so if you are interested in Mock Trial, please make plans to attend.
- The SABR club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 331.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- Attention sophomores and juniors: It is time to consider serving as a Big Brother for next year’s incoming 8th grade class. There is will be a meeting on Friday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for all sophomores and juniors interested in being Big Brothers.
- All members of the junior class in Program II must attend a meeting today in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of the lunch period in St. Ignatius Hall. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend this meeting – it is important.
Classroom Changes for Today:
- Sophomores in Mr. Bairnsfather’s 2nd period (slot 1) Health and PE class will meet in Computer Lab 2 today. Juniors in Mr. Bairnsfather’s 3rd period (slot 2) Health and PE class will meet in room 326 and sophomores in Mr. Bairnsfather’s 4TH period (slot 3) Health and PE class will report to room 222 for class.
- Juniors in Mr. Caluda’s 5th period (slot 4) class will report to room 221 (after attendance is taken) and all sophomores in Mr. Caluda’s 5th period (slot4) classes (band and art) please report to Computer Lab 2 after attendance is taken.