Announcements for Tuesday, December 19, 2023
Today is Tuesday, December 19, 2023
Second Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are English, Biology 2, Chemistry 2, and Computer Studies. Tomorrow’s exams are Math, Latin, and AP Computer Science.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time.
- Jesuit’s MCJROTC Unit will sponsor a Christmas Dance and Karaoke Contest this Friday from 6:30-10:30pm in the Commons for all students. The cost is $10 per person and attire is semi-formal. Food and drinks will be provided.
- There will be a Navy/Marine Corps ROTC College Scholarship meeting tomorrow at 11:30am in Room 110 for all interested students. See Lieutenant Colonel Himel in the Marine Corps Junior ROTC Office with questions.
- The Phils “Holiday Happening” will take place this Thursday at 6:30PM. This showcase features special guests the Card Magic Club, as well as the Barbershop Blue Jays, the Radio Theatre Ensemble performing “The Nativity Play”, and our own elite Improv comedy team, the J-Troupe. The show will be followed by cookies, cocoa, & caroling on the Chapel steps.
- Sports Analysis Club members should bring their jacket payments to Mrs. Joan in the Guidance Office by the end of the week.
- The cafe will be open before exams and during the break between exams this week. The cafeteria will also be serving pizza this week. Wednesday the cafe will close during the break.
- PH will be held in Room 231 on Thursday only; it will begin after the first exam and will continue as long as is necessary for justice to be served.
- On Saturday, the basketball team defeated De La Salle 59-47, improving its record to 13-1. Brewer Nitcher had a double, double scoring 18 points and pulling down 13 rebounds. Gus Laibe had 15 points while Ben Cimini hit a clutch 3 pointer at the end of the third quarter that ended a furious rally by the visitors.
- The Blue Jay wrestling team had a great showing at the KC Stampede in Kansas City, Missouri this weekend. The Stampede is one of the toughest tournaments in the Midwest with over 70 teams representing 13 states. The team finished in 7th Place, the highest finish in ever for a team from Louisiana, and brought home a cow bell awarded to the top 8 teams. Individually, with most weight classes being 64 man brackets, Spencer Lanosga finished in 2nd place representing Jesuit in the finals against another nationally ranked opponent. Bodi Harris also represented Jesuit on the podium taking 7th. Michael Barnett, Jose Rincon, Isaac Orillion, Harris Treuting and Jackson Calderaro all made it to the round of 12.