Announcements for Monday, December 11, 2023
Today is Monday, December 11, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Toys for Tots Campaign Drive will end this Friday. Thank you in advance for your contributions in helping the Marine Corps Reserve provide toys for needy children.
- The 9th grade basketball team will play at Shaw this evening starting at 5:00.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of November have been sent to students’ Outlook account. Students should check their jesuitnola.org account (not Canvas) for a notice and pay their fee in Room 215 either before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour. Failure to pay this fee before the end of lunch on Wednesday will lead to a loss of computer services and a PH.
- Last Wednesday, the 8th grade basketball team began their season with a win against St. Paul’s by a score of 51-21. Rhys Diley led all scorers with 15 points. Harrison Serio added 9 points, and Sully Sullivan scored 7. Ian Leblanc picked up 2 charges, and Brooks Blanchard controlled the 2nd unit. The team also received contributions from Aaron Cockerham and AJ Centner.
- On Friday, the basketball team defeated L.B. Landry 58-48 to advance to the finals of the New Orleans Catholic Tournament. Four players scored in double figures – Gus Laibe had 16 Ethan Lapeze and Brewer Nitcher each had 11, while Jude LaForge added 10. Gus pulled down 10 rebounds and Ethan had 7 assists. In the championship game on Saturday, the team defeated Brother Martin 60-58. The defensive effort was led by the play of Brennan Pitts, Jude LaForge and Brewer Nitcher who had 5 blocked shots. The offense was led by Brewer, who scored 20 points and Gus Laibe who added 18. Sophomore Zachary LaGraize secured the victory with his free-throw shooting in the last 10 seconds. Brewer Nitcher was named to the all-tournament team and Gus Laibe was named the tournament’s outstanding player.