Announcements for Friday, November 17, 2023
Today is Friday, November 17, 2023
Regular Order, Day 4
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the regional round of the state playoffs tonight at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $10.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $12.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes are not accepted for LHSAA playoff contests.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Join Mr. Jaskiewicz and Mr. Newell today at 3:05 in the courtyard for a walking rosary. Bring your rosary if you have one.
- At Cocoanut Manor, the service stinks but the gags are four-star in this Marx Brothers romp featuring the music of Irving Berlin. Tickets are on sale now for the Philelectic Society’s production of the Marx Brothers musical-comedy “The Cocoanuts”. Shows are Thursday at 6:30PM and Friday and Saturday are at 7:30PM and student tickets purchased in advance are only $10.00. For tickets and information, go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or after school.
- The Commons cafe will be closed today after school.
- All Juniors attending the Dec. 1-3 Kairos retreat must attend an info meeting on Monday during the first half of lunch in room 122.
- The swimming team will compete in the state championship meet in Sulphur this weekend. Today’s prelims and Saturday’s finals both begin at 9:00 a.m.
- The varsity soccer team will face Ben Franklin in the opening round of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart Tournament at Lafreniere this afternoon starting at 4:15.
- The 9th grade basketball team will compete in the Hahnville Tournament on Saturday.
- The varsity basketball team will open its season on Saturday at L.B. Landry with tip off set for 5:00. The jv game begins at 3:30.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Gulf Coast Clash at the Mobile (AL) Civic Center this afternoon and on Saturday.