Announcements for Friday, October 27, 2023
Today is Friday, October 27, 2023
Assembly Order #3, Day 3
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 104th edition of the Great American Rivalry Series Game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that Jesuit retains all revenue from pre-sale ticket purchases. Both student id’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- The Great American Rivalry Chin-up Challenge will continue tonight at the rivalry game through the first half.
- The jv football team will host Holy cross on Saturday morning at John Ryan Stadium starting at 10:00.
- The jv cross country team will compete in the Metro Championship Meet on Saturday in City Park starting at 7:40 a.m.
- The Homecoming Dance is tomorrow evening from 8-11:30pm in the Atrium at the Caesars Superdome. Tickets must be purchased online. The link can be found on the Student Life page on Canvas. Note that tickets will not be issued after purchasing. Students need only give their student number at the door of the dance to checkin once they have purchased a ticket.
- Students interested in taking the Candidate Fitness Assessment for admission into a Service Academy will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 110. See LtCol Himel in the MCJROTC office if you have any questions.
- The Poker Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The final deadline for all students to sign up for AP Exams is Wednesday, Nov. 1. Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton this week to register for the exam only section of the class.
- Admissions representatives from University of Rochester and St. John’s College, NM, will be available during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.
- On Wednesday, Jesuit faced Brother Martin in Beach Volleyball, winning four out of five sets for an overall match victory. Sets were won by our two quads teams and doubles teams led by Kale Le and Brady Brown along with Tilden Devine and Jake Troutman. Congratulations.
- Jesuit swim team won district for the 41st consecutive year. The Jays had great swims from Jack Primeaux, Enzo Solitario, James Denning, Aiden Villars, and Grant Castillon. Congratulations.