Announcements for Thursday, October 12, 2023
Today is Thursday, October 12, 2023
Regular Order, Day 6
- Adoration will take place today in the second-floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord.
- The varsity football team will face Edna Karr tomorrow night at Morris F.X. Jeff, Sr. Park with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase through Friday from 7:30-3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Student ID’s will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Students interested in going on the March for Life in Washington, DC, this year are encouraged to sign up online as soon as possible. For information about how to register, please see Mr. Delatte or Mrs. D.
- The Pro-Life Club meeting scheduled for today is canceled due to conflicts with scheduling. We will meet for Mass tomorrow morning at 7:15 in the second floor chapel.
- Students interested in taking the Candidate Fitness Assessment for admission into a Service Academy will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 110. Please contact LtCol Himel in the MCJROTC office if you have any questions.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 116.
- SABR, Jesuit’s chapter of the Society of American Baseball Research, will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Sports Analysis Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 231.
- IKON will have its final meeting of the quarter tonight at 5pm in St. Ignatius Hall.
- IKON enrollment for second quarter is live. See Drs. Delio or Brumfield for sign up information.
- Any student in grades 8-11 who did not complete the PSAT Digital Readiness Check online in their English class or during lunch last week, or who experienced an error while doing so, must see Mrs. Strain in the Guidance office as soon as possible. This Digital Readiness Check must be completed before students PSAT testing date.
- Seniors interested in leading Junior Kairos can turn in their applications to Campus Ministry in Room 127 by Friday.
- Seniors who have turned in their service essay are reminded that your Service Project Reflection will take place Wednesday after your final exam of the day. Please check the schedules located in homerooms or on Canvas to find the time and location of your reflection. Please see Mr. Delatte with questions.
- Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton this week in College Counseling for more information.