Announcements for Friday, April 28, 2023
Today is Friday, April 28, 2023
Regular Order, Day 2 – Senior Day
- There will be no confessions today during second half of lunch.
- The Classic Rock Club will have its last meeting of the school year today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Books with Beignets will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The varsity baseball team will host Carencro in the regional playoff series at John Ryan Stadium. Game #1 will be played this afternoon with first pitch set for 5:00. Game #2 is set for 1:00 on Saturday. The “if necessary” Game #3 would be played one hour after the conclusion of Game #2. Admission for each game is $8.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit and non-Carencro) and $5.00 each for students (Jesuit and Carencro) with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- The varsity rugby team will face Brother Martin in the state championship game on Sunday at NOLA Gold Stadium starting at 4:30. Note that the championship game will follow the Toronto Arrows vs. NOLA Gold game which is set for 2:00.
- The jv lacrosse team will face St. Thomas More at St. Thomas More this evening in a Division II state semifinal contest starting at 7:30.
- The varsity lacrosse team will face Brother Martin in a state quarterfinal playoff contest on Saturday at St. Thomas More in Lafayette starting at 4:00.
- The varsity rugby team will face Brother Martin in the state championship game on Sunday afternoon at Nola Gold Stadium starting at 4:00.
- Juniors are asked to turn in their service contracts to Mr. Delatte’s office, Room 126, as soon as possible.
- Seniors, don’t forget to complete the following two surveys: the Senior Edition of the Blue Jay information form found on the senior section of the Student Life Canvas page is due today and the full College Information Year End Survey found on the main Canvas landing page is due Monday.
- The Academic Games team competed in the national tournament this past weekend in Orlando, FL. Pre-freshmen Cruz Ledet competed on a conglomerate team with other New Orleans students and placed 2nd in the mathematics game of Equations. The senior high team of Parker Alig, Max Bartlett, Mason Becker, Wade Rogers, and Christian Smith placed 3rd in the mathematics game of On-Sets. Individually, Max Bartlett placed 1st in On-Sets and Wade Rogers placed 1st in the social studies game of Current Events. Wade finished his last year of competition with a 2nd place sweepstakes ranking out of over 120 senior high participants. Congratulations.
- The Quiz Bowl team recently competed in the national online 3-2-1 Spring Tournament. Both the Varsity and JV teams finished as the top teams from Louisiana and the 2nd-best teams in the nation in their respective divisions. Congratulations.
- The Tennis team finished their season competing last week in Monroe at the State Tournament. Singles player, Josh Verges achieved many points for competing to the semi-finals. Other singles player Jake Bravo, and the doubles teams of Scott Harper and Leo Congeni, Noah St. Germain and Alton Swan, and Seniors Jack Mann and Nick Kapusta all worked together to contribute important wins to finish as division 1 runners-up. Congratulations.
- Last night the Jesuit Esports team defeated Mandeville High in the quarterfinals of the state tournament. Immediately following the win, they defeated David Thibideaux Magnet School in the semifinals 3-1. The Jays compete tonight in the state finals against Live Oak High School at 4 pm. Go Jays!