Announcements for Thursday, April 20, 2023
Today is Thursday, April 20, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- Student Council Class Level elections take place through lunch today. Seek help in Computer lab 3. Don’t forget to vote.
- Every year, the school asks seniors to become Eucharistic Ministers to help serve at Jesuit’s all school masses. We need current rising seniors to volunteer to help with this ministry for the 2023-24 school year. Please check Canvas for more details or talk with Fr. Polce for more info if you are interested!
- The Pro-Life Club will host Ms. Shelly Melton, the Director of Development at the Women’s New Life Center, today for the entire lunch period in Room 316.
- Mr. Retif will be hosting an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 311 for any students who are interested in a medical career.
- The Sports Analysis Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Student Activities Office.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The Video Games Club Smash Brothers tournament has been rescheduled to next week. However, the Video Games Club will be a meet today after school in Room 116.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the district meet this afternoon and evening at Tad Gormley. Field events begin at 4:00, while running events begin at 6:00.
- The varsity baseball team will play at St. Charles Catholic in an exhibition game this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Junior Prom will take place tomorrow from 8:00-11:00pm at The Moore in Elmwood. Lock-in is at 9:00. Tickets are $40 presale and $50 at the door. Tickets will be sold starting Wednesday before school and at lunch in Computer Lab 3.
- Juniors interested in attending Louisiana Boys State, a week long, mock government leadership program held during the summer, should see Mr. Orillion in Room 131 this week.
- Juniors are reminded that Service Contracts for finalized service projects are available on Canvas and are due to Mr. Delatte by April 27.
- Second-notice printing fees have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay these fees in Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour by Monday, April 24, or lose computer services and receive a PH.