Announcements for Friday, March 31, 2023
Today is Friday, March 31, 2023
Regular Order, Day 5
- Today there will be no confessions in the 2nd floor chapel. Confessions will be happening all day in the 3rd floor chapel (even during lunch). Students will be brought to the chapel during their theology classes. Faculty and Staff are welcome over lunch or any other period they are free to attend.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society proudly presents our spring production of the hilarious musical comedy “Something Rotten!” live on stage tonight and Saturday night at 7:30 PM in the Jesuit auditorium. Tickets can be purchased online on Jesuit’s website.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Keefe Hecker Invitational at Tad Gormley this afternoon and evening.
- The varsity lacrosse team will play at Captain Shreve tonight and on Saturday at Byrd.
- The varsity rugby team will host LaSalle Bros. (PA) on Saturday at Marconi starting at 1:00.
- The varsity baseball team will host De La Salle on Saturday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 3:30.
- The jv baseball team will host Brother Martin this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00.
- The 9th grade baseball team will face John Curtis in a doubleheader on Saturday morning at John Ryan Stadium starting at 9:00.
- The 8th grade baseball team will play at Rummel on Saturday starting at 11:30.
- 8th Grade Trip forms are due today to Mr. Orillion in the Student Activities Office.
- Juniors: Your College Counseling Questionnaire is due Monday. Check your College Counseling Class on Canvas for instructions.
- Senior intramural cabbageball forms due today to Mr. Orillion in the Student Activities Office.
- Congratulations to the following Blue Jays who placed in their division in State Rally on Saturday, March 4, at LSU: 3rd place: Kerth Metzinger in Advanced Math – Functions & Statistics; Ethan Nguyen in English II; and Benjamin Farmer in Latin II. 2nd place: Dylan Falcon in Biology II; Ethan Benoit in Calculus I; Frank Young in French III; Leon Edmond in Latin I; Connor Fanberg in Latin II; Christian Thomas in Spanish II; and Klein Konrad in Spanish III. Finishing not only 1st in his division but also 1st overall in the state was Sebastian Fernandez in French I.
- This past Friday, the Junior Varsity Baseball Team improved its record to 9-1 by defeating De la Salle 5-2. Four pitchers combined in the winning effort: Brayden Laurent, Noah Mercer, Brendan Morrill, and Beau Matulewski. The Blue Jay Vees got key hits on offense from Grant Sperber, Marshal Serio, Sean Maher, Ryan Saunders, and Gianni Irula.
- The Sailing Team competed this past weekend in the Mississippi State Championship at Bay Waveland Yacht Club. The team consisted of Juniors Dylan Davis, Degan Dansereau, Harrison Deitz; Freshmen Connor Fanberg, David Karcher, Aidan McKoin; and Pre-Freshman Arthur Meade. Saturday was Fleet Racing where Jesuit came out on top beating the fleet with a 15 point lead. Sunday was team racing where Jesuit went a perfect 6-0 completing the clean sweep.
- The Lacrosse team demolished Brother Martin Wednesday night 20-3. Junior Jack Sutherland scored 4 goals, Freshman Zachary Reymond scored a hat trick, and Senior Michael Welsh, Senior Nick Frishertz, Junior Merrit McFadden and Junior Adam Dalton each added 2 to round out the scoring. Junior TJ Galliano led the team with incredible face offs and Senior Goalie Ethan Lago had several astonishing saves.