Announcements for Thursday, February 16, 2023
Today is Thursday, February 16, 2023
Regular Order, Day 3
- Adoration will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Come and prayer with the Lord and your brothers and sisters.
- The Jesuit Men of Color finish their Four on Friday Music of the Movement lecture series tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Senior Kyiori Washington will play four songs that have special meaning for his own family, from Mahalia Jackson to Common.
- The annual school-wide king cake party will take place tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Organize your club, team, or homeroom to bring a king cake to the party.
- Tomorrow is also a purple, green, and gold day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt or a purple, green, and/or gold collared shirt tomorrow in place of your school shirt. See your homeroom teachers for guidelines.
- Jesuit’s SABR Club (Society for American Baseball Research) will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331.
- Music Critics’ Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- Students participating in the YMCA Model U.N. conference will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Join the Sports Analysis Club today for a Super Bowl recap and more during the second half of lunch in the Student Activities Office.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen should report to the 1st floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building today at the beginning of the lunch period for lettermen jacket, patch, and stripe distribution.
- The J-Troupe, Jesuit’s elite improv comedy team, is looking for new members. Join us for improv practice today from 3:30-5:00pm in Room 202.
- The varsity basketball team will close its regular season schedule tonight at John Curtis with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:30, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The bowling team faces Rummel this afternoon at AMF Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Sign-ups for 8th-11th grade intramural basketball are due today.
- Slam n Jam T-Shirts, which serve as a fundraiser for summer camps for children with special needs, will be sold in homerooms today. Shirts can also double as admission into Coconut Beach for the tournament on March 18. If you are on a team already, you should buy shirts through your team captain, not in homeroom.
- Juniors who applied for the service trip to Appalachia should see Mr. Prados today.
- Mardi Gras beads will collected after the break to be recycled at St. Michael School. Students are encouraged to catch lots of beads at the parades and then bring them to school after Mardi Gras break.
- Today’s matchups for the ping pong tournament are Aidan Couvillon vs Wesley Scarmardo, Alton Swan vs Joseph Simone, and Mr. LT vs Truman Breithaup.