Announcements for Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Today is Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Mass Day Order, Day 4
- The Jesuit Men of Color finish their Four on Friday Music of the Movement lecture series on Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Senior Kyiori Washington will play four songs that have special meaning for his own family, from Mahalia Jackson to Common.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- Students interested in serving Breakfast this Thursday to the homeless at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- Juniors wishing to apply for Krewe de Camp should turn in their application today to Mr. Delatte in Room 126.
- All members of the wrestling team will meet today immediately after school in the wrestling room.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays a capella singing group rehearses today in Room 202 from 3:00-4:15pm.
- Music Critics’ Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- Students participating in the YMCA Model U.N. conference will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen should report to the 1st floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building tomorrow at the beginning of the lunch period for lettermen jacket, patch, and stripe distribution.
- Sign-ups for 8th-11th grade intramural basketball are due tomorrow. Forms can be picked up and returned outside of the Theology office, Room 301. See Mr. Augustin with any questions.
- The annual school-wide king cake party will take place this Friday during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Organize your club, team, or homeroom to bring a king cake to the party.
- Friday is also a purple, green, and gold day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt or a purple, green, and/or gold collared shirt on Friday in place of your school shirt.
- Slam n Jam T-Shirts, which serve as a fundraiser for summer camps for children with special needs, will be sold in homerooms today and tomorrow. Shirts can also double as admission into Coconut Beach for the tournament on March 18th. If you are on a team already, you should buy shirts through your team captain, not in homeroom.
- The Pro-Life club is sponsoring a team in the Women’s New Life Center’s Born to Run fun run on March 25. To sign up use thus link and register for Team Jesuit High School. Please see Mrs. D for questions.
- Second-notice printing fee bills were distributed in homeroom last week. Fees must be paid in Room 215 before the end of the lunch hour today to avoid losing access to computer services and receiving a PH.