Announcements for Thursday, February 9, 2023
Today is Thursday, February 9, 2023
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration is taking place all day today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and pray for a few minutes with the Lord today.
- Today is the last day to submit to Calliope. See the first floor flyers for details on how to submit to email@example.com.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Brother Martin in the regional round of the state playoffs on this afternoon starting at 3:15. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students from non-participating schools and $5.00 each for students from Jesuit and Brother Martin with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the state tournament tomorrow and Saturday at the Brookshire Grocery Arena in Bossier City.
- The varsity basketball team will host Brother Martin tomorrow night in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit for our winter sports teams.
- In Honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color continues its Music of the Movement lecture series. Junior Jody Barber is this week’s master of ceremonies. Join us tomorrow during the half of lunch in Room 210 to see which songs made the Barber’s cut, including two blind artists.
- The Produce Club will be having a very nutty meeting today during the first half of lunch on Will Clark field.
- Slam’n Jam Captains will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Student Activities Office.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- There will be a French Club meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 318 to discuss our Galette des Rois event.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Super Bowl. NBA Trade Deadline. Derek Carr to the Saints?! Don’t miss the biggest Sports Analysis Club meeting of the year during the second half of lunch today in the Student Activities Office.
- The Yu-Gi-Oh! Club will meet today after school in Room 306.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The J-Troupe, Jesuit’s elite improv comedy team, is looking for new members. Join us for improv practice today from 3:30-5:00pm in Room 202.
- Mu Alpha Theta students that have already submitted their deposit to attend the State Convention should sign up for their hotel room on the sign-up sheet posted on the bulletin board outside of Room 328. Please finalize your roommates and sign up by the end of this week.
- Students are reminded that science honors forms are due tomorrow. Please see Mrs. Tassin.
- Juniors: Applications to attend service trips to Brownsville and Grand Coteau are due tomorrow to Mr. Delatte in Room 126.
- Juniors-This is a reminder that college counseling documents were due on Monday. Check Canvas for instructions and information. See your college counselor with questions.
- An admissions representative from Southeastern Louisiana University is visiting Jesuit today during lunch in the College Counseling Suite (across from the small chapel). Come at the first or mid-lunch bell to learn more.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of January were distributed in homeroom. Students should pay their fees in Room 215 before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour. Students who fail to pay their fees will lose computer services and receive a PH.
- Today’s matchups for the Ping Pong club tournament are Rowan Gleason vs. Johnathan Cho, Evan Crawford vs. Alton Swan, and Westly Scamardo vs. Noah Ducarpe.
- Sign-ups for 8th-11th grade intramural basketball begins today until next Thursday. Forms can be picked up and returned outside of the Theology office, Room 301. See Mr. Augustin with any questions.