Announcements for Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Today is Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 2
- The deadline to submit to Calliope is Thursday. Please send your art, photography, poetry, and other writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Brother Martin in the regional round of the state playoffs on Thursday afternoon starting at 3:15. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students from non-participating schools and $5.00 each for students from Jesuit and Brother Martin with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the state tournament on Friday and Saturday at the Brookshire Grocery Arena in Bossier City.
- The varsity basketball team will host Brother Martin Friday night in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit for our winter sports teams.
- In Honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color continues its Music of the Movement lecture series. Junior Jody Barber is this week’s master of ceremonies. Join us Friday during the half of lunch in Room 210 to see which songs made the Barber’s cut, including two blind artists.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- The Produce Club will be having a very nutty meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch on Will Clark field.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- Mu Alpha Theta students that have already submitted their deposit to attend the State Convention should sign up for their hotel room on the sign-up sheet posted on the bulletin board outside of Room 328. Please finalize your roommates and sign up by the end of this week.
- Students are reminded that science honors forms are due no later than Friday, Feb 10. Please see Mrs. Tassin.
- Students interested in serving breakfast to the homeless at Grace at the Greenlight this Thursday morning should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- Printing fees are due today in Room 215 before the end of the lunch hour.
- Juniors, today Jesuit will be hosting a service fair during lunch in the Hall of Honors. Various organizations where juniors can do their Summer Service Project will be represented. Come by to meet some of the directors of these organizations, to sign up, and to see what opportunities exist for you to complete your Summer Service Project. Please see Mr. Delatte with any questions.
- Juniors: Applications to attend service trips to Brownsville and Grand Coteau are due Friday to Mr. Delatte in Room 126.
- Juniors-This is a reminder that college counseling documents were due on Monday. Check Canvas for instructions and information. See your college counselor with questions.
- An admissions representative from Southeastern Louisiana University is visiting Jesuit today during lunch in the College Counseling Suite (across from the small chapel). Come at the first or mid-lunch bell to learn more.
- Check out the trailer for episode two of Valor’s Cry featuring the Jesuit Wrestling team as they prepare for the LHSAA state tournament this weekend: