Announcements for Thursday, February 2, 2023
Today is Thursday, February 2, 2023
Regular Order, Day 6
- Adoration will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and pray with the Lord today.
- Four on Friday is back for a second year. In recognition of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color proudly present a whole new series of mini-lectures on the music of the Civil Rights movement. Tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210 senior Chase Haydel kicks things off by delving into four songs inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King.
- Blue Jays, for the first time in 175 years, the Jesuit Student Council will host a Beyblade tournament at lunch. Second half tomorrow, bring your Beyblade and challenge your friends, best Beyblader will receive an incredible prize. Only the first 175 students will be allowed to participate.
- Any student interested in forming a Slam’n Jam team will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Student Activities Office. Slam’n Jam is a charity volleyball tournament sponsored by the Student Councils of area Catholic, private, and public high schools to raise funds for summer camps for children with special needs. The tournament will take place at Coconut Beach on March 18. T-Shirts, which serve as a fundraiser and admission to the tournament, will be sold in homerooms this month.
- Calliope submissions are due Feb. 9. Send your poetry, fiction, non-fiction, photography, and art to email@example.com. See the Calliope flyers for details.
- All Unity Day participants should see Mr. Combe today at 10-minute break in Room 210.
- Juniors interested in going on the service project trip to Appalachia should meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Produce Club will be having another fruitful meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 314.
- Jesuit’s SABR club (Society for American Baseball Research) will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Come discuss the Recent Hall of Fame induction and learn more about the history of baseball.
- Will the Pelicans ever win again? And what do we think of the Sean Payton trade? Discuss this and more in the Sports Analysis Club meeting held today during the second half of lunch in the Student Activities Office.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today, Groundhog Day, after school in Room 221 to watch Groundhog Day, a romantic fantasy-comedy starring Bill Murray.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- The bowling team will face Pope John Paul this afternoon at AMF Lanes starting at 3:20.
- The varsity soccer team will host Fontainebleau in the bi-district round of the state playoffs on Friday evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5,00 for Jesuit students (with ID) and children (ages 6-11).
- The Churchill Society of New Orleans is holding a high school essay contest this semester. Students who are interested in writing, in the history of World War II, or in the chance to win the top prize of $1,500, should see Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205, for more info.
- Attention Juniors and Sophomores, please submit your online Big Brother application ASAP. The application deadline is Tuesday, Feb. 7. You do not need faculty approval, but you must list at least two faculty members as references. Please reach out to Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann with questions.