Announcements for Monday, January 9, 2023
Today is Monday, January 9, 2023
Regular Order, Day 7
- All Algebra I and Geometry students interested in competing in the Brother Martin Math Tournament on Jan. 14 will meet today, Wednesday, and Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 330. If you have questions, see Mrs. Merritt.
- Students interested in competing in a Ping Pong Club Tournament will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214. Students interested in participating in the YMCA MUN Conference in Baton Rouge need to attend.
- Fall Sports Recognition Night will take place tomorrow at 6:30 in the auditorium. Report time for all cross country, football, and swimming lettermen is 6:10. The attire for this event is coat and tie.
- Printing fees for the month of December have been distributed in homeroom. Students should pay their fees in Room 215 before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour before Wednesday, Jan. 11, to avoid penalties.
- Students interested in going to serve breakfast to the homeless at Grace at the Greenlight this Thursday should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- Room Changes for today: Sophomores in Mr. Caluda’s 5th period band class will meet in Computer Lab 1 and Juniors in Mr. Caluda’s 5th period class will meet in Room 223. Sophomores in Coach Roule’s 5th period PE class report directly to Computer Lab 1 and students from Major Friloux’s slot 4 class who receive a note report directly to the Computer Lab. Mr. Caluda’s 6th period Fine Arts Class report directly to Computer Lab 1 for class and juniors in Coach Bairnsfather’s 6th period PE class please report directly to Room 302.
- This past week, the basketball team won prestigious Allstate Sugar bowl Classic by defeating Family Christian of Baton Rouge, Holy Cross and Rummel. In the Holy Cross game Jude Laforge scored the winning points on an assist from Josh Washington with two seconds remaining. Josh scored 22 points in 50-49 victory. On Saturday, the team captured the championship with a 38-37 win. Jacob Washington keyed the victory by hitting a late three-pointer in the game to give the team a two-point lead. Jack Lo secured the victory with clutch free throw shooting. Named to the All-Tournament team were Jack Lo and Jude Laforge, while Josh Washington was named the Tournament MVP.