Announcements for Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Today is Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Regular Order, Day 5
- The varsity football team will face Huntington High School at Lee Hedges Stadium in Shreveport in the bi-district round of the state playoffs on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. The online ticket link is on our website. Note that both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will not be accepted at the gate for admission.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society proudly presents our fall production of the comedy “Harvey” this weekend and next weekend in the auditorium with a preview tomorrow at 6:30PM. This production stars juniors Albert Favalora, Alex Grilletta, and Wajid Ali Zahid as well as underclassmen Nate Costantini, Max Gonzalez, Cullen Morris, James Ralph, and Keshaun Tervalon. For tickets and information go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or visit the Phils office, Room 201, during lunch or after school.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 210.
- All Blue Jay Band Members are invited to a Pizza Lunch today during the first half of lunch in the side lobby of the auditorium.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch and tomorrow after school in Room 214.
- All peer support members will meet today during the second half of lunch in the auditorium to prepare for second quarter presentations. Attendance will be taken. Please follow-up with Mrs. Delaney if you cannot attend the meeting to get your presentation packet.
- 8th and 9th grade soccer tryouts will resume today after school at City Park.
- The Jesuit Choir is accepting new singers and musicians. Come be a part of the annual Christmas music video, all-school Mass choir, and other performance opportunities. Join choir at the next rehearsal today from 3:15-4:45pm in Room 210.
- The Big 23 Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Printing fees for the month of September have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fees before the end of the lunch period on Friday, Nov. 11 to avoid receiving a PH and losing computer services. Payments are accepted before school, during 10-minute break and during the lunch hour in Room 215.
Blue Jays, Jaron Duplessis, coming off a domineering performance last week’s football game against Rummel, is in the running for Fox 8 Player of the Week. Having scored two touchdowns and racking up 299 yards, Jaron has done his part. It is our turn to support him with our votes. Use this link to vote. Voting ends at midnight tonight. Thank you.