Announcements for Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Today is Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- The varsity football team will host Holy Cross in the 100th anniversary of this Great American Rivalry Series gridiron contest on Friday, Oct. 28 at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff now set for 7:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase starting today at the front desk this week from 7:30-3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00. Please urge your family and friends to purchase pre-sale tickets early. Note that Jesuit retains all revenue from pre-sale purchases. Revenue from tickets purchased at Tad Gormley are split with our opponent. Both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Rivalry game day shirts will be distributed this morning in homeroom. Game days shirts may be worn on Friday instead of your regular school shirt.
- Students interested in joining the competitive Bass Fishing team should attend a meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House should email either Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann.
- There will be an important tour guide training meeting for all open house tour guides on Wednesday during both halves of lunch in the auditorium. You may choose which meeting time to attend.
- Jesuit Student Communications presents Valor’s Cry, a documentary series covering student clubs, sports, and organizations. The first episode features the cross country team and their season long quest to defend the state title and compete on the national level. Valor’s Cry premieres on Wednesday on the Jesuit Student Life YouTube page.
- Jesuit will have its first ever meeting of the Society for American Baseball Research, or SABR, on Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 331. During this baseball post-season, come learn more about this national organization and discuss the baseball stats and history that make up America’s pastime.
- Juniors interested in taking on a leadership role in Hams for Fams, a charitable organization that feeds 200+ families around Christmas time, should come to an informational meeting Friday during the first of lunch in Room 117.
- All students interested in going on the March for Life should turn in their money and permission form to Mr. Delatte by Friday.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is partnering with The Blood Center on Friday, Nov. 11 to hold our own blood drive. We invite all faculty, staff, and students aged 16 and older to donate. Every day, many Americans depend on blood donations from generous volunteer donors for critical components of their medical care. Club representatives will be visiting homerooms this week to schedule appointments. You can also sign up with Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Students interested in serving breakfast this Thursday morning at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte.