Announcements for Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Today is Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Blue Jay, Jesuit’s student newspaper, will be distributed today in homeroom. Please return any extra newspapers to Room 406.
- Tomorrow will be a Mass day order. 8th graders will have mass in the auditorium and 9th-12th grades will be in the 3rd floor chapel. Students should wear their full regular school uniforms for Mass (changed 8:29am, 10/18).
- Confessions are available daily during the second half of lunch in the second floor chapel. Eucharistic Adoration will resume this Friday in the second floor chapel
- In the summer of 2023, Jesuit high school will be organizing a group to attend World Youth Day 2023 in Portugal. If you are interested in learning more about this trip please contact Mr. Miraflor, Mr. Bacon or Fr. Polce
- Homecoming Dance will be held this Saturday from 8:00 – 11:30pm in the St. Charles Club Room at the Caesars Superdome. Tickets will be sold this week before school in the Cafeteria and during lunch outside the Student Council Office, Room 113. Tickets are $40 Pre-Sale and $50 at the Dome.
- All Juniors attending this weekend’s Kairos retreat will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 227.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Auditorium.
- The Poker Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Social Justice Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 308.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- The 8th grade football team will play at Shaw this evening starting at 5:00.
- The golf team will face Rummel this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- All soccer, track and field, golf, bowling, lacrosse, cross country, baseball, rugby, and tennis lettermen should pick up their stripes, patches, and lettermen jackets on the first floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building by the door leading out to the back parking lot on Wednesday during the first half of lunch.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House may sign up in homeroom or email either Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann.
- All Big Brothers should meet tomorrow either the first or second half of lunch in the Benson Arena.
- Any students interested in being Open House tour guides Big Brothers should meet Thursday either the first or second half of lunch in the Benson Arena.
- Students interested in going this Thursday to Grace at the Greenlight this week should see Mr. Delatte.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of September have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fees in Room 215 before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour before the end of the lunch period on Thursday. Failure to do so will result in a PH and a loss of computer services.
- Admissions representatives from University of Louisiana, Monroe and Union College (NY) are visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.