Announcements for Friday, September 23, 2022
Today is Friday, September 23, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration will take place today from 8am-3pm in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and prayer with our Lord throughout the day on Friday.
- The varsity football team will host John Curtis tonight in the district opener at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- There will be a captains and referee meeting for 8th-11th intramural football participants today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Anime Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 116.
- Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Jesuit Esports Club, Gizzard Gaming, will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Auditorium.
- Homecoming Court Election for Seniors only will take place today during lunch in the Commons.
- The JV football team will play at John Curtis on Saturday morning starting at 10:00.
- The JV cross country team will compete in the Mt. Carmel Invitational at City Park on Saturday morning beginning at 8:35.
- The junior high cross country team will compete in the Christian Brothers Invitational on Saturday morning beginning at 10:30 at City Park.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors: the Jesuit College Fair is scheduled for Monday from 6-8pm in the Commons. Over 80 Universities plan to attend.
- An admissions representative from Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University in Baton Rouge is visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Room 122.
- Tailgating at Tad before the football game tonight? Make sure you’re listening to the latest episode of Ten Minute Break, Jesuit’s student podcast. Coach Paul Hatty joins the show to share his keys to the game, why the West Bank is the best bank, and his top ice-cream flavors. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever fine podcasts are played.
- Jesuit’s nationally ranked cross country team traveled to Huntsville, Alabama, and defended its title as The Southern Showcase champions, defeating teams from across the country including the #15 team from Miami Belen Jesuit by a score of 70 to 156. The Blue Jays lowered their own state record average time down to fifteen minutes and twenty three seconds for the five kilometer race. The Jays were led by sophomore sensation Brady Mullen, who finished 9th overall and set a new school record, running the five kilometer race in fifteen minutes and eight seconds. Also scoring for the Jays were senior Jack DesRoches, sophomore Leland Crawford, senior Robert Buisson, and senior Patrick Dowd. In addition to winning the championship race, the Blue Jays swept the team titles in the other three races held Saturday.