Announcements for Friday, September 9, 2022
Today is Friday, September 9, 2022
Assembly Order #2, Day 4
- Adoration will take place today from 8am-3pm, with Benediction during the first lunch. Confessions will also be held at the usual time.
- Join young people from across the greater New Orleans area in celebrating the young Catholic Church of the Archdiocese at the NOLA Catholic Youth Conference happening here at Jesuit on Saturday Sept. 24 from 9am-5pm. The event will feature inspirational speakers, workshops, Mass, Reconciliation, Eucharistic Adoration, praise & worship, prayer opportunities, and more. The event is free for Jesuit students. To register, stop by the Campus Ministry office, Room 225.
- Students interested in viewing the Pro-Life film Lifemark at the Palace Theater in Elmwood at 7pm on Sunday should come see Mr. Delatte or Mrs. DeBoisblanc to pick up a permission form.
- Senior Ring Dance will be held tomorrow at Club XLIV in the Superdome from 8:00 – 11:00pm. Tickets will be sold today during lunch outside the Student Council Office. Tickets are $40 presale and $50 at the door on Saturday.
- The Blue Jay Newspaper editorial board will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 406.
- The Music Critics Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- Creative Writing will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet today to elect leaders during the 2nd half of lunch in room 334. New members are welcome and please bring your powered-off phone for voting.
- Students interested in trying out for the tennis team will meet today at 3:10 in Room 120. All returning tennis team members are expected to be in attendance.
- Students interested in playing beach volleyball will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323. Please see Mrs. Catalano if you have any questions.
- The varsity football team will play at Ruston tonight with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. All tickets are $12.00 each and must be purchased at the gate.
- The varsity, jv, and jr. high cross country teams will compete in the Episcopal Round Table Run in Baton Rouge on Saturday.
- The swimming team will compete in the Kickoff Meet at Cypress Lakes Country Club in Destrehan on Saturday.
- Previous members of Peer Support who would like to return this year need to sign a returning commitment form. Please see Mrs. Delaney in the Guidance office to pick up a form. Students without a sign-up form will not be included when classroom group assignments are made. Juniors and Seniors who are interested in joining for the first time can also pick up a sign-up form from Mrs. Delaney in Guidance and bring it to the first meeting next week.
- Are you driving to the Ruston game tonight? Need something to help pass the time? Check out the latest episode of Ten Minute Break, Jesuit High School’s student podcast. Hosts Roland Waguespack, Killian Lyon, and Patrick Dowd are joined by guest Aidan Corbello who shares how he stays ready to make the kicks in the biggest moments, including the game winner over Slidell last week. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever fine podcasts are played.