Announcements for Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Today is Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- Rush days will take place today and tomorrow during lunch in the Commons. Come learn about Jesuit’s co-curricular offerings and get involved.
- Join young people from across the greater New Orleans area in celebrating the young Catholic Church of the Archdiocese at the NOLA Catholic Youth Conference happening here at Jesuit on Saturday Sept. 24 from 9am-5pm. The event will feature inspirational speakers, workshops, Mass, Reconciliation, Eucharistic Adoration, praise & worship, prayer opportunities, and more. The event is free for Jesuit students. To register, stop by the Campus Ministry office, Room 225.
- Students interested in viewing the Pro-Life film Lifemark at the Palace Theater in Elmwood at 7pm on Sunday should come see Mr. Delatte or Mrs. DeBoisblanc to pick up a permission form. Please click here to see the trailer for the movie Lifemark.Seniors, the application for nomination scholarships is due today. If you are interested in any of the scholarships that require nominations, please complete the application available on the college counseling class 2023 canvas page. No late applications will be accepted.
- Senior Ring Dance will be held this Saturday, Sept. 10, at Club XLIV in the Superdome from 8:00 – 11:00pm. Ticket sales take place Wednesday before school in the Cafeteria and after school in Room 223. Tickets are $40 presale and $50 at the door on Saturday.
- Seniors: Service Project Essays are due this Thursday. One copy should be submitted online by Canvas, and a digital copy to Room 225.
- 8th graders who want to run for Class Level President must complete a nomination form and turn it in by this Friday. Forms may be found outside of Room 114 and on Canvas in the Student Life course.
- New or returning members of the Robotics Team interested in attending the FTC Kickoff event this Saturday should see Mr. Kieff during the first half of Lunch at the Robotics Table in the Commons.
- Sodality will have a grade level meeting this week during second half of lunch at the usual locations near campus ministry.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Jesuit Esports club will meet during the second half of lunch in Room 222 to discuss signing up a team for the Fall 2022 season. You must be in attendance if you want to compete.
- The fencing club will meet today after school in Room 403.
- Any students interested in going to serve at Grace at the Greenlight, a program that serves breakfast to homeless men and women in Central City, should see Mr. Delatte in Room 225 to pick up a permission form.
- Senior intramural football sign-ups end today. Please have your roster and money turned into Mr. Augustin by 3 P.M. Referee training will be held on Friday during the first half of lunch on the 3rd floor of the Roussel building.
- The swimming team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 116
- The swimming team will swim Mandeville and St. Martin’s this afternoon at St. Martin’s starting at 5:00.
- The National Honor Society will meet in Room 112 immediately after school Thursday for our weekly recycling collection.