Announcements for Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Today is Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- Daily confessions will begin today and continue everyday during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and take advantage of this great Sacrament of Mercy.
- Adoration will begin on Friday. Please look for more information and how to sign-up in your theology classes this week.
- Have you thought about becoming a Jesuit priest or brother? Join a discussion today during the first half of lunch with Fr. Robert Murphy, SJ ’95, the vocation promoter for the Jesuit province. Free lunch will be provided. Stop by the Campus Ministry office or see Fr. Polce to sign-up.
- Gizzard Merch starters packs will be sold today during lunch in the Commons. Packs are $25 and include t-shirt, headband, towel, and eye-blue stickers. Credit cards, cash, and checks accepted.
- The Back to School Dance will be held this Friday from 7:00 – 10:00pm in the Benson Arena. Admission is $10 per guest. Lock-in is at 8:00 and the theme is Hawaiian Luau. Jesuit students should show their school IDs. 8th-12th grade girls from all area schools can attend.
- Student Council Homeroom Representative Elections should take place in 9th – 12th grade homerooms today with runoffs tomorrow.
- The varsity football team will face Hahnville in the Hahnville Jamboree tomorrow night with kickoff expected for 7:00. The JV jamboree begins at 6:00, while the 9th grade jamboree is set to start at 5:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase Tuesday through Thursday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets are $8.00 each. Student and faculty ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch at the campus ministry office, Room 225.
- The Academic Games team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 220. After-school practice will begin on Thursday.
- Students interested in ROTC should meet today during lunch in the parking lot by the cafeteria.
- National Honor Society will meet today immediately after school in Room 112 to restart our recycling program.
- What’s the most expensive move in chess? A Check! Come to Room 332 today after school for Chess Club. New and returning members welcome.
- All Legion and Jr. Legion baseball players will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the baseball locker room.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in leading the Gizzard for fall sports should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The Sailing Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 203. Students interested in learning more about Jesuit sailing and returning sailors should attend.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in joining the Dissection Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 317.
- Seniors that have not completed their full 100 hours should pick up an Intent to Complete Service Project Form from Mr. Delatte in Room 225.