Announcements for Thursday, August 18, 2022
Today is Thursday, August 18, 2022
Regular Order, Day 4
- All sophomores must report today at the beginning of the first half of lunch to the auditorium.
- All prefreshmen must report today at the beginning of the second half of lunch to the auditorium.
- Students IDs will be distributed this morning in homeroom.
- The varsity football team will scrimmage Mandeville this evening at Tad Gormley starting at 6:00. Admission is $5.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit). There is no charge for Jesuit students with ID and children (ages 11 and under).
- Students interested in joining the wrestling team should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228. See Coach Jon Orillion if you cannot attend the meeting. 8th or 9th graders currently playing football who are interested in wrestling should attend the meeting or see Coach Orillion this week.
- The Jesuit Choir will rehearse today from 3:15-4:45pm in the choir loft of the third floor Chapel of the North American Martyrs. If you are a singer, brass player, or are interested in learning how to play the pipe organ, come to the rehearsal to learn more. See Mr. Miraflor, SJ in the Campus Ministry office with any questions.
- Any 9-12 grader interested in joining the Intramural Board or the broader intramural staff should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 306. New cabinet members will be selected.
- Juniors in the Ray Dass Scholars Program will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 220.
- Returning Mu Alpha Theta members will meet today during the second half of lunch in Rooms 229 and 227 to elect a club President.
- Any 9-12 grader interested in playing golf and who was unable to attend Tuesday’s meeting can meet at the City Park driving range on Thursday at 4:00. Please bring your clubs.
- New Blue Jays should stop by the Blue Table in the Commons today during lunch to guess how many Blue & White M&Ms are in the jar. The closest guesses win prizes for you and your Big Brother. Winners will be announced at Friday’s Big Brother/Little Brother luncheon.
- The Big Brother/Little Brother jambalaya luncheon will be held tomorrow during lunch in the courtyard. Big Brothers and Little Brothers are allowed to wear the shirts they were given on Welcome Day last spring. If you did not attend Welcome Day and you did not receive a shirt, then please stop by the admissions office either before school or after school to get one.
- 8th grade night at John Ryan Stadium tomorrow from 7-10pm. All pre-freshmen should mark their calendars and plan to attend.