Announcements for Friday, May 6, 2022
Today is Friday, May 6, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- The varsity baseball team will face Byrd High in Shreveport in Game #1 of the state quarterfinal playoff series tonight with first pitch set for 6:00. Game #2 on Saturday is set for 11:00, while the approximate starting time is 2:00 p.m. for the “if necessary” Game #3.
- The Jesuit Investment club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- On Monday, any students interested in singing world music for a concert in June should meet Ms. Arthurs in Room 201 during the first half of lunch for music and information.
- Any students interested in volunteering with a Habitat for Humanity project on Friday, May 20, or Saturday, May 21, should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- Juniors are reminded to drop their service project contracts in the box outside Room 225 by the end of the day.
- The Division 2 Lacrosse team finished its season this weekend with two games. Saturday they defeated Archbishop Shaw 12-7 in the semifinals, and on Sunday they won the Louisiana Lacrosse Division 2 championship with a 7-2 victory over Holy Cross.
- The Varsity Lacrosse team overcame St. Thomas More Friday night in an overtime thriller 7-6 to advance to the state championship. Jack Sutherlin had 4 goals, including the game winner. Austin Stuke led all players with 5 takeaways. In the state finals Sunday against Catholic, the Jays fell short and finished the season as the state runners up. David Martin and Michael Welsh scored goals, and Nick Frischhertz and John Calhoun assisted. Thank you to all of the coaches and teachers who came out to support the team, and shout out to the Gizzard for a strong showing at the championship game Sunday.