Announcements for Thursday, April 21, 2022
Today is Thursday, April 21, 2022
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Calliope staff will meet today at the start of the second half of lunch on the chapel steps.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today the second half of lunch in Room 316. Senior Nathan Vatter and Junior Dalton Haydel will each be giving their speeches from last month’s Pro-Life Oratory Contest.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in room 334. We have moved on to the sweet 16 round with Junior Harry Reinhardt having the most accurate bracket so far.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 112.
- The varsity baseball team will play at St. Charles Catholic this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the district meet this afternoon and evening at Tad Gormley. Field events begin at 3:00, while the running events start at 5:00.
- Junior Prom will be held tomorrow from 8-11 pm at Jefferson-Orleans South. Couples must arrive by 9pm. Once you arrive you cannot leave the dance until 11pm. Tickets are $40 per couple and will go on sale Wednesday morning before school in Room 223 and during lunch outside of Student Council Office, Room 113. Tickets can also be purchased the night of Prom at the venue for $50.
- The varsity rugby team will compete in the state championship match vs. Brother Martin at NOLA Gold Stadium on Airline Dr. on Saturday afternoon starting at 3:30. The jv rugby team will face Brother Martin on the field adjacent to NOLA GOLD Stadium starting at 1:00. Tickets for the Championship are $15 and can be purchased on the link on the Jesuit website.
- All juniors have a new assignment for service project. Log onto Canvas and complete the most recent survey. This is due by the end of the day today.
- The Admissions office invites all Senior Big Brothers to a BBQ luncheon in the courtyard tomorrow. You may wear your Big Brother polo shirt tomorrow as well.
- An admissions representative from St. Michael’s College will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Room 122. Please stop in to learn more about this nationally ranked Catholic liberal arts college located in a beautiful college town in Vermont between Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains.