Announcements for Friday, April 8, 2022
Today is Friday, April 8, 2022
Regular Order, Day 4
- Big Brothers will meet today during the first half of lunch in Bensen Arena to review Welcome Day. All must attend regardless of Welcome Day attendance.
- Juniors interested in volunteering for Operation Upgrade this summer as their service project should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 304.
- The Jesuit Investment will meet on the chapel steps for yearbook pictures at the beginning of lunch.
- The Mini-Golf Club will meet at City Putt on Saturday at 1:00 PM.
- The varsity baseball team will host visiting Northside Methodist (AL) this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 4:30. On Saturday afternoon the team will face John Curtis at Mike Miley starting at 1:00.
- The varsity track team will compete in the Tiger Relays at Thibodaux High this evening while the jv track and field team will compete in the Chalmette Invitational.
- The varsity rugby team will play at St. Paul’s on Saturday starting at 12:00.
- Varsity lacrosse plays Brother Martin this Saturday, senior night, at Joe Yenni at 5. JVA follows immediately after Varsity.
- The jv baseball team will play at Rummel on Saturday morning starting at 10:00.
- The 9th grade baseball team will host John Curtis on Saturday morning starting at 10:00
- The 8th grade baseball team will face Brother Martin on Saturday at Holy Cross starting at 12:00.
- Forms and deposits for 8th grade trip are due on Tuesday. The trip will fill up so get your forms in to Room 114 as soon as possible.
- Last Saturday, the lacrosse team defeated Newman in a double overtime thriller 8-7. Sophomore middie Jack Sutherlin had 4 goals and 1 assist, and sophomore attack John Calhoun added 1 goal and 4 assists. Junior goalie Ethan Lago had 18 saves, while only allowing 7 goals.
- The Jesuit Rugby team beat the Bayou Hurricanes on Saturday 61-0. It was raining tries. The Jays exhibited phenomenal teamwork in this high scoring match with standout performances from Andrew Newell, Nick Ferrina, Matt Cashio, Christian Jackson, Conlan Pausina, Joe Charif, Josh Barraza, and Ryan Griffin. Rowan Bourdais was on debut.
- The Pro-Life Club sponsored the annual New Orleans Right to Life Oratory contest this past Wednesday. Each speech addressed the issues of abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, or embryonic stem cell research. Competing for Jesuit were Senior Nathan Vatter and Junior Dalton Haydel who placed second and first, respectively, in the Archdiocese. Dalton will go on to represent the Greater New Orleans area in the State competition held at the Knights of Columbus annual convention. Congratulations for representing Jesuit’s passion in protecting the most vulnerable amongst us!