Announcements for Friday, February 25, 2022
Today is Friday, February 25, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction begins at 12:50.
- The Pro Life Club is sponsoring a team for the Women’s New Life Center, a Pro-Life pregnancy center, 5K Fun Run on Saturday, March 22. The cost is $20.00 for students and includes a t-shirt and after party on the lakefront. Register today and help women in crisis pregnancies find life affirming choices.
- The king cake party will take place today during the second half of lunch in the courtyard.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected after the break to donate to St. Michael School for recycling. Catch lots of beads at the parades and bring them to school starting on March 7.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present their final Four on Friday mini-lecture. Senior Caleb Tolbert will close out the club’s Music of the Movement series today during the first half of lunch in Room 210 with a presentation entitled Makes Me Wanna Holler, featuring songs by The Isley Brothers, The Staple Singers, Marvin Gaye, and The Undisputed Truth. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- The varsity baseball team will continue play in the WGNO Classic tonight vs. Riverside at Kirsch-Rooney starting at 7:00. On Saturday the team concludes WGNO play facing Chalmette at 10:00 and Hahnville at 1:00. Both games will be played at Chalmette. The team begins Jesuit Invitational Tournament play on Thursday, March 3 at John Ryan Stadium.