Announcements for Thursday, February 24, 2022
Today is Thursday, February 24, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- The Pro-Life club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Pro Life Club is sponsoring a team for the Women’s New Life Center, a Pro-Life pregnancy center, 5K Fun Run on Saturday, March 22. The cost is $20.00 for students and includes a t-shirt and after party on the lakefront. Register today and help women in crisis pregnancies find life affirming choices.
- Are the Pelicans and Zion already a hopeless situation? Come discuss this and more as The Sports Analysis Club meets today during the second half of lunch in the first-floor Conference Room of the Madonna Della Strada Building.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Mr. Trosclair will be available today during lunch in his classroom, Room 214, if any students have questions about or want to discuss Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- The NHS recycling program will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The Video Games Club Smash tournament continues after school today in Room 112. Loser’s bracket begins today. Make sure to have your entry fee.
- The varsity baseball team will open play in the WGNO Classic facing Lakeshore at Kirsch-Rooney starting at 4:00.
- The bowling team will face Catholic at AMF Lanes this afternoon starting at 3:20.
- The tennis team will face St. Augustine this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
- Tomorrow will be a Purple, Green, and Gold Day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt on Friday. See below for guidelines. Also, there will be a school-wide King Cake party tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the courtyard.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected after the break to donate to St. Michael School for recycling. Catch lots of beads at the parades and bring them to school starting on March 7.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present their final Four on Friday mini-lecture. Senior Caleb Tolbert will close out the club’s Music of the Movement series tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210 with a presentation entitled Makes Me Wanna Holler, featuring songs by The Isley Brothers, The Staple Singers, Marvin Gaye, and The Undisputed Truth. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
Purple, Green, and Gold Day Guidelines
- Students may substitute for their khaki uniform shirts any of the following: t-shirt or collared shirt with traditional Mardi Gras colors of purple, green, and gold. Shirts containing writing or images related to Mardi Gras (krewe shirts, novelty tees, etc.) are acceptable but must be appropriate for school.
- Shirts should not contain anything that is inappropriate (alcohol/tobacco brands, morally offensive material, etc.) or have any political slogans or references.
- Name tags need not be worn by students participating in the day by wearing any of the above.
- Nametags must be worn on sweatshirts.
- All shirts must be in good condition and must be kept tucked in.
- All other parts of the uniform are to be worn as usual (dress shoes, khaki pants, belt, etc.).
- Student Activities Director and Prefect of Discipline make the final decision of what is considered appropriate for students to wear on purple, green, and gold day.