Announcements for Monday, February 21, 2022
Today is Monday, February 21, 2022
Regular Order, Day 5
- Any student interested in writing, drawing, or taking photographs for The Blue Jay, Jesuit’s student newspaper, should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 225.
- The Yearbook Club will meet today after school in Room 419.
- The varsity baseball team will play at Northshore tonight in the season opener with first pitch set for 7:00.
- Today is the last chance to sign up for the Video Games Club’s Super Smash Brothers tournament. Sign-up outside the Cafe during lunch.
- The bowling team will face Holy Cross this afternoon at AMF Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Friday will be a Purple, Green, and Gold Day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt on Friday. See your homeroom teachers for guidelines. Also, there will be a school-wide King Cake party on Friday during the second half of lunch. Get your club or team organized and bring out a king cake or two.
- Intramural basketball games continue today with Green Bean Dream Team vs. Papa D’s Destroyers
- Congratulations to the bowling team for winning the High School Invitational Tournament in Baton Rouge on Saturday. The Jays were ranked 4th after a ten-game qualifying round, but then defeated Dutchtown in the semi-finals and Catholic in the championship match.
- On Saturday, the varsity lacrosse team defeated St. Paul’s 14-12. Offensively, the Jays were lead by sophomore Jack Sutherland with 4 goals and 3 assists, junior Nick Frischhertz with 5 goals and 1 assist, and junior Tyler Autin with 3 goals and 1 assist. The JVA team also beat St. Paul’s 5-4. The JVB team beat Brother Martin 4-2 and St. Paul’s 4-0.
- The basketball team defeated Rummel 52-30 to conclude district play. Senior Matthew Knight led the way with 22 points while senior Michael British scored 16. Freshman Jasper Parker added 8.
- On Saturday at LSU in the State Indoor Track & Field meet, sophomore Michael Vocke, freshman Leland Crawford, junior Robert Buisson, and junior Jack DesRoches earned Jesuit’s second consecutive victory in the 4×800 Relay. The team not only defeated its competitors by nearly 100 meters but also set a new Division 1 state record.