Announcements for Thursday, February 17, 2022
Today is Thursday, February 17, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- Deadline to order Bazaar t-shirts is today. T-shirt pre-sales will take place today during lunch in the Commons. T-shirts can also be ordered at bidpal.net/jesuitbazaar.
- Slam n Jam T-Shirts, which serve as a fundraiser for summer camps for children with special needs, will be sold in homerooms today. Shirts can also double as admission into Coconut Beach for the tournament on March 19. If you are on a team already, you should buy shirts through your team captain, not in homeroom.
- There will be a French Club meeting today, during the first half of lunch in Room 318, to choose a date for our French king cake tasting.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. Angie Thomas from Louisiana Right to Life will be speaking on the topic of euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide.
- Jesuit Medical Society members are invited to attend a guest lecture by Dr. Roland Waguespack today during lunch. This will take place in the 1st floor conference room in the new building. You will be able to each lunch in this room but seating is limited. Please sign up to attend this meeting. The sign up roster will be on the bulletin board in Room 317 (entrance).
- The Calliope Art Committee will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 220.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 112.
- The J-Troupe, Jesuit’s elite improv comedy team, rehearses today from 3:30-5:00 in Room 202.
- The tennis team faces Rummel this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
- The 9th grade basketball team will host Rummel this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:30. The 8th grade game follows at 6:30.
- The Sports Analysis Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the first-floor Conference Room of the Madonna Della Strada Building.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present a series of mini-lectures entitled Four on Friday: The Music of the Movement. Each Friday in February, the JMOC will play and discuss the significance of four songs inextricably tied to the Civil Rights Movement, with each presentation tied together by a theme. Presentations are during first half of lunch in Room 210. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend. This week’s theme is Say It Loud: The Youth Movement.
- Any student interested in writing, drawing, or taking photographs for The Blue Jay, Jesuit’s student newspaper, should meet Monday during the second half of lunch in Room 225.
- Students who received invitations for Honors Physics are reminded to turn in the form to Mrs. Tassin by Friday, Feb 18.
- Second-notice January printing fees have been distributed in homeroom. To avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH, students should visit Room 215 today either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour .
- AP Registration is open. If you missed the opportunity to register in the fall, please go online now and complete the registration process. If you signed up for a test in the fall and NO LONGER wish to take an AP Exam, please email Mrs. Yelton (email@example.com) so she can cancel your test and issue you a partial refund.
- Intramural games today are Mid-City Mambas vs Creamy Stu’s and Jack Gasquet and Friends vs. 504 Snag Up. Teams with 2 losses have been eliminated from the tournament.