Announcements for Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Today is Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- Deadline to order Bazaar t-shirts is Thursday. T-shirt pre-sales will take place on Wednesday and Thursday during lunch in the Commons. T-shirts can also be ordered at bidpal.net/jesuitbazaar.
- Any juniors interested in doing Krewe de Camp for their service project should meet today at the start of lunch in Room 212.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage at Lakeshore this afternoon starting at 3:45.
- The varsity basketball team will close out its regular season home slate tonight vs. John Curtis in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45.
- The JHSP Radio Theatre Club meets tomorrow from 3:30-5:00 in Room 202. They’ll be reading the scripts for the sci-fi story, The Invisible Man, and the comedy, The Man With Bogart’s Face. There are a lot of great parts available.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will host former Jesuit Alumnus of the Year Dooky Chase III tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Mr. Chase will speak about the history of the Civil Rights movement in New Orleans, with a focus on the role of his family restaurant as a gathering place for local and national leaders.
- Jesuit Medical Society members are invited to attend a guest lecture by Dr. Roland Waguespack on Thursday during lunch. This will take place in the 1st floor conference room in the new building. You will be able to each lunch in this room but seating is limited. Please sign up to attend this meeting. The sign up roster will be on the bulletin board in Room 317 (entrance). Please bring your lunch that day so that we can start the meeting promptly.
- Students who received invitations for Honors Physics are reminded to turn in the form to Mrs. Tassin by Friday, Feb 18.
- Second-notice January printing fees have been distributed in homeroom. To avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH, students should visit Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour before Thursday.