Announcements for Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Today is Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- The varsity soccer team will host Dutchtown on Wednesday night in a state quarterfinal playoff contest at Tad Gormley Stadium starting at 7:00. Admission price is $9.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Jesuit and Dutchtown students with school ID and children (ages 6-11). Pay parking will be available inside of the stadium for $5.00 per vehicle.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Auditorium. Yearbook picture will take place after the meeting.
- The Krewe de Camp meeting originally scheduled for today at lunch has been rescheduled to Tuesday, Feb. 15. See Mr. Murphy with any questions.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The Anime Club will meet today after school in Room 121.
- The varsity basketball team will face St. Augustine tonight at Dillard University with tip-off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage St. Charles Catholic at Mike Miley this evening starting at 6:30.
- The new Music Critics Club will have an informational meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 117.
- Can you do character voices and accents? Are you interested in Voice Acting? Do you love acting and story-telling but hate memorizing lines? The JHSP Radio Theatre club is looking for new members. The group meets today after school from 3:30-5:00PM in Room 202.
- Calliope’s deadline for submissions is Thursday at 3:00 PM. Please email submissions to email@example.com.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present a series of mini-lectures entitled Four on Friday: The Music of the Movement. Each Friday in February, the JMOC will play and discuss the significance of four songs inextricably tied to the Civil Rights Movement, with each presentation tied together by a theme. Presentations are during first half of lunch in Room 210. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend. This week’s theme is A Change is Gonna Come: Anthems of the Movement.
- Senior Intramural basketball begins today during the first half of lunch in the Benson Arena. Games are SADE vs Mid-City Mambas, Jack Gasquet and Friends vs Just Here to Ball. Appropriate shoes must be worn to participate.
- 8th-11th grade intramural basketball forms and fees are due by lunch on Thursday to Room 225.