Announcements for Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Today is Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Regular Order, Day 4
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Chess Club will meet today at 3:00 pm in Room 332 for yearbook pictures, followed by games of Chess.
- The varsity wrestling team will face Shaw in its final dual meet of the season tonight at Shaw starting at 6:30.
- The 8th grade basketball team will host St. Paul’s this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:30. The 9th grade game follows at 6:30.
- Juniors interested in going on the service project trip to Appalachia should meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. We will be discussing Chapter One of the Book “What to Say When”
- Fall Sports Recognition Night is scheduled for Thursday night in the auditorium starting at 6:30. All cross country, football, and swimming lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time is 6:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- There will be a Big Brother/Little Brother Tailgate before the Jays face the Shaw Eagles this Friday beginning at 5pm in the courtyard. There will be food, games, and prizes.
- To celebrate Black History Month the Jesuit Men of Color will present a series of mini-lectures entitled Four on Friday: The Music of the Movement. On each of the four Fridays in February, starting this Friday, the JMOC will play and discuss the significance of four songs inextricably tied to the Civil Rights Movement, with each presentation tied together by a theme. Presentations are during first half of lunch in Room 210. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend. This week’s theme is Lift Every Voice—The Church and the Movement.
- On Saturday the 8th grade basketball completed a three-game season sweep over Brother Martin, winning 47-30. Tanner Hughes led all scorers with 15 points, while Marshal Serio had nine and Brennan Pitts had 8. Brady Autin, Sven Jensen, and Michael Brothers played strong defense and helped the Jays control the boards. Congratulations.
- The Jesuit JV Soccer team finished the season with a thrilling come from behind victory over their rival St. Paul’s. Paddy McCausland scored on a free kick late in the first half to tie the game and Nicholas Danna sealed it with a beautiful header over the outstretched hands of the St. Paul’s goalkeeper.