Announcements for Friday, January 21, 2022
Today is Friday, January 21, 2022
Regular Order, Day 3
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents the 14th Annual Senior-Directed One Act Play & Improv Comedy Festival to support Second Harvest Food Bank tonight and tomorrow at 7:30PM in the Jesuit Auditorium. Admission is $5.00 or five non-perishable food items. This year’s festival line-up features the original play with music, Song of Myself by senior Matthew Busenlener, the dramas The Bad Seed and The Shattered Looking Glass (by Alumni Thomas Sagona, ’18) as well as the comedies Little Red Reboot and Twelve Angry Villains. The shows will also feature performances by the Jesuit Improv Comedy Team and JHSP Radio Theatre performing The Wright Brothers First Flight. Doors open a half-hour before the show.
- Check out the latest episode of the Ten Minute Break podcast. Hosts Patrick Dowd and Killian Lyon are joined by Roland Waguespack as they give their insights on the Pro-Life movement on the eve of March for Life and what we can do to build a culture of life everyday. Available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
- Model UN Team members taking part in next month’s YMCA Conference, permission slips are due today to Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205.
- Books with B2 will meet today at 3:15 in the cafe.
- The varsity basketball team will play at John Curtis tonight with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45.
- The 8th grade basketball team plays at John Curtis on Saturday morning starting at 10:00. The 9th grade game follows at 11:00.
- The varsity soccer team plays at Brother Martin on Saturday starting at 1:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team plays at Newman on Saturday morning starting at 10:00.
- The varsity rugby team plays at Jesuit Dallas on Saturday afternoon starting at 3:00.
- The junior high wrestling team will host and compete in the Jesuit Jr. High Scramble in the Benson Arena in Saturday morning starting at 9:00.
- Seniors: the deadline to order graduation announcements is Monday, January 24. Only online orders are being accepted at www.balfourno.com.
- Last Saturday, the Jesuit Robotics Team competed against 16 other teams in the First Tech Challenge New Orleans Qualifier where they placed 4th overall. Due to the hard work at the beginning of the year by Seniors Taylor Trepagnier, Dylan Bracey, and Joshua Burk and Juniors Anthony Guernsey and Max Daly. The team received the blue ribbon Motivate Award.
- Congratulations to the Blue Jay bowling team for its big win over Rummel. Senior captain Gary Simms paced the Blue Jays with a 700 series that included games of 234, 209, and 257. Co-captain Luke Wood recorded games of 222 and 215. Other Jays topping the 200-pin mark were seniors Josh Barraza with a 247 and Colin Pearce with a 209, and juniors Will Adams with a 235 and Will Carpenter with a 200. The Jays are 2-0. They face Pearl River on Thursday in Slidell.
- On Saturday the 8th grade basketball team defeated St. Aug 52-34. Brennan Pitts led the Jays with 14 points, while Brady Autin had 8, Tanner Hughes had 7, and Michael Brothers had 6. Congratulations.
- Last weekend, the wrestling team competed in the biggest tournament of the year, the Louisiana Classic. The Blue Jays finished in 3rd place as team. Individual wrestlers finding their way on to the podium were Senior Winn McConnell finishing in 5th place, freshman Bodi Harris and junior John Michael Bourgeois finishing in 3rd place, senior Dennis Dougherty finished 2nd, and Sophomore Spencer Lanosga walked away as the Heavyweight Louisiana Classic Champion.
- The Wrestling Team also competed in their second district dual of the year against Archbishop Rummel. The Jays put up a dominant performance against the Raiders winning 11 of 14 matches with a final score of 63-14. Senior Ferdie Laudumiey picked up a huge 7-6 win to set the tone for the night. Picking up pins for the Blue Jays were freshman Griffin Ellis; sophomores Arthur Schott, Nash Hanemann, and Jackson Calderaro; junior Chase Haydel; and seniors Luc Colomb, Jackson Ballay, Ian Bohn, Winn McConnell and Dennis Dougherty.
- On Tuesday night, the basketball team defeated Holy Cross 56-53 in Overtime. Michael Britsch led all scorers with 18 points and Matthew Knight had 17. Matthew Knight had 9 rebounds as well.
- Last Friday, the basketball team had an effort that has never been seen at Jesuit. Down 17 points in the 3rd, the team went on a 23-0 run to take a 6-point lead. The run was spurred by the play of Jasper Parker who scored 10 points in the game and created several turnovers. Michael Britsch scored 13 points, 8 during the comeback. Matthew Knight led all scorers with 24 points. Finally, Will Sheridan hit a late 3 to give the team the lead for good.