Announcements for Friday, January 7, 2022
Today is Friday, January 7, 2022
Regular Order, Day 5
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- All sophomores must report today at the beginning of lunch to the Auditorium. Enter from the back entrance on Solomon St.
- Room changes for today: Sophomores in Coach Roule’s 1st period PE II class will meet in Computer Lab 2 today. Sophomores in Coach DeVun’s 2nd period PE III class will meet in Computer Lab 1 and sophomores in Coach Jennings 3rd period PE III class will meet in Computer Lab 2.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Students interested in Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221. Those who could not attend yesterday are welcome.
- The Tabletop Role Playing Society will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity basketball team plays at Morris Jeff tonight with tip off set for 6:00.
- The varsity soccer team will host Grace King on Saturday afternoon at Tad Gormley starting at 1:00. Senior Day ceremonies will take place prior to kickoff.
- The 8th grade soccer team will face Newman this afternoon at Marconi starting at 5:00. The junior varsity team will face Vandebilt Catholic at Marconi at 6:00.
- The Creative Writing Club is now seeking submissions. To showcase your work at future meetings, email your stories, poems, and non-fiction pieces to Mr. Ferguson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Members of Mu Alpha Theta interested in attending the Brother Martin Tournament on Saturday, Jan. 15, should check email for information regarding this event. Practices will run all next week during the second half of lunch. Please see Mrs. Brauner if you have questions.
- Seniors: Mid-Year transcripts will be sent to each school where you applied within the next 2-3 weeks. There is no need to contact your college counselor about sending them. Please know that it may take longer for their receipt to be reflected by the institution.
- On Wednesday the 8th grade basketball earned a hard fought, 46-44 victory over Brother Martin. Tanner Hughes led the Jays offensively with 11 points. Zachary LaGraize, Marshal Serio, and Sven Jensen each had eight points. Michael Brothers and Beau Matulewski played strong defense. Congratulations.
- On Wednesday, The Freshmen Basketball team completed the home stand sweep by defeating Brother Martin by a score of 42-31. The Jays were led in scoring by Neil Odeh who poured in 16 points and Sam Macaluso who scored 8 points. Jacob Washington also added 7 points and controlled the paint with multiple blocks and steals. Congratulations
- The JV basketball team defeated Brother Martin 35 to 17. Gus Laibe led all scorers with 11 and Jacob Washington had 3 blocks in the effort.
- On Tuesday, the basketball team defeated Brother Martin 57-56. Matthew Knight led all scorers with 23, this included a game tying basket, after a steal, and a free-throw that gave us the one-point victory. Brock Guillot sparked the comeback by scoring 7 points in the final 4 minutes of play. Michael Britsch had a huge block at the rim, that allowed us to stay in striking distance and Jasper Parker slowed down the leading scorer for the visitors. The basketball team would like to thank the band, Jayettes and the Gizzard for their support.
- The wrestling team was on the road Wednesday night for two duals at De La Salle. The night started with our Blue Jay wrestlers defeated Tuerlings Catholic, the returning Div. 2 State champions and #2 ranked team in the state, 39-33, with key pins coming from senior Joe Barnett freshman Bodi Harris. The Jays followed up that win with a 51-18 victory over De La Salle.