Announcements for Thursday, November 18, 2021
Today is Thursday, November 18, 2021
Regular Order, Day 6
- The varsity football team will host John Curtis in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs tomorrow night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets may be purchased at the switchboard from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for any LHSAA playoff contest.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- This weekend, the Philelectic Society presents the final performances of Clue: The Musical. The audience determines the outcome and plays along as the classic board game comes to life! Tickets are on sale in Room 201, the Phils office, at lunch and on the Phils page of the website. Advanced tickets are half-price!
- Try-outs for students interested in Jesuit’s LHSAA varsity bowling team will be held today and Monday at AMF Lanes on Williams Blvd. in Kenner. Start time will be at 4:00 p.m. You are required to attend at least one try-out to be considered for the varsity team.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 316. Mr. Ernst will be giving a presentation entitled “Abortion and the Constitution.” All are welcome.
- Any Varsity Quiz Bowl players who wish to compete in the 3-2-1 Tournament after school on Friday should report to Room 411 today during the first half of lunch.
- The Classics Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 412.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Movie Critics’ Club’s screening of Dune is postponed.
- The NHS recycling program will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The swimming team will compete in the state meet in Sulphur on Friday and Saturday. Prelims on Friday begin at 9:30 a.m. with the finals set for 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- Jesuit Medical Society members are asked to bring payment for the T-shirts to Mrs. Tassin by Nov. 23. See your Canvas email or Mrs. Tassin for more information.
- Admissions representatives from Millsaps, Savannah College of Art and Design and Rhodes College will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121 and 122. Please come at the beginning of lunch to learn about these schools.
- Coach’s Comment: Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day. Sound habits result in success.