Announcements for Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Today is Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Regular Order, Day 7
- The varsity football team will host John Curtis in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets may be purchased at the switchboard from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for any LHSAA playoff contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- One of the top selling board games in the world is now a musical! Tickets are on sale now for Clue: The Musical. Come out and play the game with us, and help determine who of our suspects, in which room, and with what weapon murdered Mr. Boddy! All audience members receive a free golf pencil and detective note paper to play along! Advanced student tickets are $5.00.
- Try-outs for students interested in Jesuit’s LHSAA varsity bowling team will be held this Thursday and next Monday, Nov. 22, at AMF Lanes on Williams Blvd. in Kenner. Start time will be at 4:00 p.m. You are required to attend at least one try-out to be considered for the varsity team.
- All grade levels of Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors in Room 231. Juniors in Room 229. Sophomores in Room 228. Freshman in Room 227.
- All baseball players who played on the Metro team this summer should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 111.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in a tri-meet at Chalmette this evening.
- The Jesuit Men of color will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 210.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 316. Mr. Ernst will be giving a presentation entitled “Abortion and the Constitution.” All are welcome.
- The Classics Society will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 412.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Dune, the weirder, slightly shorter 1984 version.
- From Coach Songy: Elevator use is being abused. Today is the the final warning you will receive regarding this. A student with an elevator pass is allowed to use the elevator with only one other student who is assisting him with his materials. Any student found to be using the elevator for any other purpose will be issued a 3-day PH. Cameras will be monitored to ensure that this policy is not being abused. Do not ruin this for others.
- Coach’s Comment: Improving is a lot easier when you allow yourself to be critiqued. Take instruction sincerely from your teachers.
On Saturday, 33 members of Mu Alpha Theta and 5 members of Chi Alpha Mu attended a math tournament hosted by St. Paul’s High School, competing with approximately 300 students from 13 different schools in the Southeast Louisiana area.
The team consisting of pre-freshman Henry Lackey and freshmen Rishab Prahbu, Aidan Wang, and Evans Wise earned first place in the Geometry Team Test.
The team of sophomores Parker Alig, William Bellott, Jonathan Jordan, and Preston Kuehne earned second place in the Algebra 2 Team Test.
Two of the senior BC Calculus teams left other schools in the eraser dust taking first and second place on the Team Test. The First place team consisted of Dylan Bracey, Michael Paul Fine, and Shreyash Singh. The second place team consisted of Michael Nair, Jack Scott, and Khoi Vu.
The team of juniors Preston Rumney and Asher Terrell and seniors Benjamin Babin and Matthew Vuong crushed the competition taking first place on the Potpourri Test.
Juniors Daniel Lee, Asher Terrell, and Preston Rumney led Jesuit in eliminating the competition on the Individual Trig Test by taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively. Individual Test Honorable Mentions were also earned by Geometry students Henry Lackey, Rishab Prahbu, and Evans Wise; Algebra 2 students Mason Becker and William Bellott; and Calculus AB senior Ben Babin.
The final test of the day consisted of an Interschool Test; the Juniors and Seniors took 3rd place among the Upper Level Teams and the Sophomores and Freshmen took 1st place among the Lower Level Teams.
Jesuit took the 2nd place trophy in the overall Tournament based on the number of students that placed as compared to the number of Jesuit students competing.