Announcements for Friday, October 29, 2021
Today is Friday, October 29, 2021
Regular Order, Day 6
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is proud to announce that tickets are on sale now for tonight’s Halloween Radio Theatre at 7:00PM in the auditorium. Actors and crew will perform the stories with live sound effects; The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde, The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe, and Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Vern. Tickets are $5.00 and are available during lunch in the Phils office, Room 201, or on the Jesuit website.
- The Peer Support meeting moved to Monday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Student Council will host a Halloween Costume Contest today during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Prizes will be awarded to the top three costumes. Candy will be distributed to everyone. Costumes may only be worn during the contest and must comport with school standards. See Mr. Orillion with any questions about costumes.
- The Anime Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 115.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The Tabletop Role-Playing Society will meet in Room 120 today after school.
- Students trying out for the 8th and 9th grade soccer teams should turn in all 4 LHSAA forms completed into the Athletic Office by the end of the day.
- The junior varsity cross country team will compete in the New Orleans Metro Championship meet at City Park on Saturday morning starting at 7:40. The JV unlimited entry race follows at 9:00.
- The varsity football team will host H.L. Bourgeois tomorrow evening at Joe Yenni Stadium with kickoff set for 5:00. Tickets are available at the switchboard today until 3:30 p.m. Student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- There is no assembly on Monday. Report directly to homeroom at the warning bell on Monday morning.
- Today is the last day to register for AP Exams. Check the Academics tab on the Jesuit website for further information about the exam registration process and see Mrs. Yelton with any questions .
- Admissions representatives from University of Arkansas and Loyola University in Maryland will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.