Announcements for Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Today is Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Regular Order, Day 1
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is proud to announce that tickets are on sale now for this Friday night’s Halloween Radio Theatre, Oct. 29, at 7:00PM in the auditorium. Actors and crew will perform the stories with live sound effects; The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde, The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe, and Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Vern. Tickets are $5.00 and are available during lunch in the Phils office, Room 201, or on the Jesuit website.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House should email Coach Ursin or sign up at the Blue Table in the commons during lunch.
- All grade levels of Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors in Room 231. Juniors in Room 229. Sophomores in Room 228. Freshman in Room 227.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Sports Card Club will meet today after school in Room 112.
- The Robotics Team will meet today after school until 4:30 in Room 307.
- The Service and Social Justice Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 212.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Open House tour guides will meet tomorrow during both halves of lunch in the Auditorium.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the district championship meet tomorrow afternoon at City Park starting at 4:30.
- The Student Council will host a Halloween Costume Contest on Friday during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Prizes will be awarded to the top three costumes. Candy will be distributed to everyone. Costumes may only be worn during the contest and must comport with school standards. See Mr. Orillion with any questions about costumes.
- The varsity football team will host H.L. Bourgeois on Saturday evening at Joe Yenni Stadium with kickoff set for 5:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Tickets are available for purchase through Friday at the switchboard from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest. Season passes will be accepted. We are the home team for this game and will be seated on the Harang St. (press box) side of the stadium.
- Permission slips for Friday’s Blood Drive are due by Wednesday 10/27. Please bring the signed permission slips to Mrs. Tassin in Room 317.
- Remember to register for your AP exams by Friday. If you plan on taking an AP Exam in May, you will need to sign up and pay for the test by this Friday to avoid a $40.00 late fee. Check the Academics tab on the Jesuit website for further information about the exam registration process.
- Admissions representatives from Clemson, University of Rochester, and Pomona College will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121 and 122.
- Coach’s Comment: Start off the quarter with success in mind. Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently. Form good habits.