Announcements for Thursday, October 21, 2021
Today is Thursday, October 21, 2021
Regular Order, Day 4
- Beginning today, Mass will be offered every Thursday during the first half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel. Confessions are still offered everyday during the second half of lunch.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House, either email Coach Ursin or sign up at the Blue Table in the commons during lunch.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 220.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The NHS recycling program will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The 9th grade football team will play at Shaw this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- The Robotics Team will meet tonight 6:30-8:00 in Room 307.
- The Tabletop Role-Playing Society will meet tomorrow after school in Room 120.
- Books with B2 will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221. Bring your favorite horror novel or scary story to share with the group.
- The varsity football team will play at Shaw on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-participating teams) and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase daily at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30. All tickets at the gate are $10.00 each. Both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be honored at the gate for admission. All fan parking must enter the iron gates leading to the campus off of Barataria Blvd. There is a $5.00 parking fee.
- Any students interested in assisting with Hurricane Ida cleanup on Saturday should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up. We’ll be working in LaPlace from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is hosting a Blood Drive on Friday, Oct. 29, in the Commons. Students must be at least 16 and have parental consent. Donors will receive a free pass to the Mortuary Haunted House as well as Halloween socks. Members of the Medical Society will be visiting homerooms this week to sign up donors. You can also sign up in Room 317. See Mrs. Tassin for more information.
- Remember to register for your AP exams by the end of next week. If you plan on taking an AP Exam in May, you will need to sign up and pay for the test by Friday, Oct. 29 to avoid a $40.00 late fee. Check the Academics tab on the Jesuit website for further information about the exam registration process.
- Balfour will be on campus today during lunch in the auditorium to take junior ring orders. They will also be on campus tomorrow during lunch in the auditorium to take senior graduation announcement orders. Juniors and seniors should turn their orders directly in to Balfour, not Jesuit. Balfour will also return before the end of the semester to take orders.
- Admissions representatives from University of Dallas, Baylor University, and Denison University will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121 and 122. Please come at the beginning of lunch or at the mid-lunch bell.