Announcements for Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Today is Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 5
- Beginning this Thursday (today), Mass will be offered every Thursday during the 1st half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel. Confessions are still offered everyday during the 2nd half of lunch.
- The French Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 318.
- All grade levels of Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors in Room 231. Juniors in Room 229. Sophomores in Room 228. Freshman in the 2nd floor chapel.
- There has been an awakening in the Force. The Star Wars Club has formed an alliance with the Anime Club to watch Star Wars Visions today during the second half of lunch in Room 331. No droids allowed.
- The Creative Writing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 210.
- Members of Mu Alpha Theta will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330 to practice for the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 13.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Robotics Team will meet today after school until 4:30 in Room 307.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- The varsity football team will play at Shaw on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-participating teams) and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase daily at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30. All tickets at the gate are $10.00 each. Both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be honored at the gate for admission. All fan parking must enter the iron gates leading to the campus off of Barataria Blvd. There is a $5.00 parking fee.
- Any students interested in assisting with Hurricane Ida cleanup on Saturday should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up. We’ll be working in LaPlace from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is hosting a Blood Drive on Friday, Oct. 29, in the Commons. Students must be at least 16 and have parental consent. Donors will receive a free pass to the Mortuary Haunted House as well as Halloween socks. Members of the Medical Society will be visiting homerooms this week to sign up donors. You can also sign up in Room 317. See Mrs. Tassin for more information.
- The Academic Support Program will meet Monday – Thursday after school in Room 324. 8th and 9th graders interested in strengthening their study skills are welcome to attend.
- Registration for AP exams takes place this week and next. If you plan on taking an AP Exam in May, you will need to sign up and pay for the test now. Check the Academics tab on the Jesuit website for further information about the exam registration process. You must register and pay for the test by Friday, October 29, to avoid a $40.00 late fee.
- Balfour will be on campus on Thursday during lunch in the auditorium to take junior ring orders. They will also be on campus Friday during lunch in the auditorium to take senior graduation announcement orders. Juniors and seniors should turn their orders directly in to Balfour, not Jesuit. Balfour will also return before the end of the semester to take orders.
Intramural football will kick off its season with games set for the first half of lunch today. Captains and Referees should report to Mr. Augustin to receive footballs and flags and a recap of the rules at the beginning of lunch.
Field 1: PSFL vs DN (12th)
Field 2: CYO Basketball Team vs Bomb Squad (12th)
Field 3: SADE vs Robz Picz (12th)
Field 4: Dee vs Woodrow (9th)
Referees are Lex Maya, Jake Ciblich, Jacob Calderera, and Luke Barnes