Announcements for Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Today is Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Regular Order, Day 3
- Jesuit-imprinted Nalgene bottles will be on-sale Wednesday and Thursday during the first half of lunch in the courtyard for $10. After that you may purchase the bottles for $15 in the Blue Jay shop. Help reduce the waste of single-use plastic water bottles and fill up your Nalgene at the water fountains! See Mr. Serpas for questions or purchases.
- Intramural flag football registration forms can be picked up starting today outside Room 114. Prefreshmen will compete as homerooms and freshmen through seniors will form their own teams by grade level. The entry cost per team is $20. Any student may play except those who are currently on the JV or varsity football roster. Forms and fees are due to Room 114 by Friday. Games begin next week. See Mr. Augustin in Room 225 with any questions.
- All Seniors must report today during the first half of lunch to the auditorium for a graduation announcements presentation from Balfour.
- All juniors must report today during the second half of lunch to the auditorium for a senior ring presentation from Balfour.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- All 8th graders and any new students should stop by the blue table in the commons today or tomorrow during lunch for a chance to win prizes.
- The 8th grade football team will host Riverside this afternoon on Will Clark Field starting at 4:45.
- All pre-freshmen interested in trying out for the 8th grade basketball team should meet tomorrow at the start of lunch in Room 212.
- Juniors attending the October Kairos retreat should meet tomorrow at the start of lunch in Room 224. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- Paintball club will hold an organizational meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 110 to plan the club’s first outing. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with any questions.
- The soccer program will host a pre-tryout meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium. All students interested in trying out for the 8th, 9th, JV or varsity soccer teams are invited to attend. All returning soccer players are also expected to be in attendance.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet tomorrow during second half of lunch in Room 210. New members welcome.
- The Model UN Team will have its first meeting of the year tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The big brother little brother lunch will take place Thursday during lunch on will Clark field.
- Lacrosse will have its first practice this Thursday evening on Will Clark field from 5:30 to 6:30. New and interested players are invited. No lacrosse equipment or previous experience is required.
- Friday we will celebrate the Mass of the Holy Spirit. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes and socks you may wear a suit if you wish. You must wear your coat and tie for homeroom and mass. Freshmen through seniors will be dismissed after Mass.
- The Pre-Freshman retreat will take place this Friday immediately after the Mass of the Holy Spirit. Pre-Freshman will be dismissed after the Mass to put their coats and ties in their lockers. A pizza lunch will be served. The retreat will conclude at 2pm with dismissal from the courtyard. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry office with any questions.
- School day picture retakes and makeups will take place Friday after the Mass of the Holy Spirit until 11am in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The varsity football team will face John Curtis at Hoss Memtsas Stadium on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard daily until 3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- Attention All Students: Now that we are back to a normal schedule with a single lunch period, some procedures must be followed. Lunch does not start until 12:10. Do not enter the cafeteria until then. Seats are not to be saved. Enter the cafeteria from the appropriate line, get your lunch, sit down and eat. Do not enter the cafeteria through the “exit only” doors. When in the cafeteria, eat lunch, then leave. Have consideration for others looking for a place to sit and do not hang out when you are finished eating. Finally, you are all aware of the trash policy. Police your own trash and make sure the cafeteria, commons, and courtyard are kept free of trash.