Announcements for Friday, May 7, 2021
Today is Friday, May 7, 2021
- Phriday Night LIVE! is back with a brand new episode tonight at 7:30pm in the Jesuit auditorium. Come enjoy live sketch comedy, improv, and music. Tickets are $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults and are available on the website or in the Phils office, Room 201. Come support your friends and the Philelectic Society.
- Juniors and Sophomores interested in joining Student Ministry for the next academic year should pick up an application outside of the Campus Ministry office, Room 225. Applications are due today.
- All Big Brothers must meet today during the first half of lunch in the Benson Arena. Regardless of either you or your Little Brother not attending Welcome Day, you are expected at this meeting. Contact Coach Ursin immediately with any conflicts.
- The varsity baseball team will host Archbishop Rummel in a quarterfinal playoff series at John Ryan Stadium tonight and Saturday. First pitch for Game #1 on Friday night is set for 6:00, while Saturday afternoon’s Game #2 will start at 1:00. The “if necessary” Game #3 will begin on Saturday night at 6:00. Ticket prices for each game are $8.00 each for adults and non-participating team students. Tickets are $5.00 each for Jesuit students with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- The varsity lacrosse team will face Chaos in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs on Saturday at St. Thomas More in Lafayette starting at 10:00 a.m.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the state meet on Saturday at LSU. Field events begin at 11:45, while the running events start at 2:00.
- Any students interested in assisting with the St. Mary Magdalen track meet after school on Thursday, May 13, should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- Juniors: If you are interested in taking part in Jesuit’s process to compete for the nomination for the Morehead-Cain Scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, please complete the Application for Nomination Scholarships by Monday, May 10, and turn it in to the Guidance Office in Room 244. The application is in your College Counseling class on Canvas. See your college counselor with any questions.