Announcements for Thursday, April 22, 2021
Today is Thursday, April 22, 2021
- The Philelectic Society presents PHRIDAY NIGHT LIVE! Join us for filming of Episode 2 of our new sketch comedy and variety series in the auditorium this Friday at 7:30pm. Tickets are available online or in the Phils office, Room 201, for $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults.
- All Big Brothers must meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Benson Arena. Check the pairing list posted on the first floor bulletin board to find out who your Little Brother is.
- The Prolife club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 316 during the first lunch and 407 during the second lunch. The club will also meet after school in Room 316 to take yearbook photos.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Bicycle Thieves.
- The Anime Club will meet today after school in Room 219.
- The Asian Club will take yearbook pictures immediately after school today in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the district meet at Tad Gormley this afternoon and evening. Field events begin at 4:00, while the running events start at 6:00.
- The varsity baseball team will host John Curtis this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 4:00.
- The 9th grade baseball team will host Holy Cross tonight at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:45.
- Sophomores interested in attending the Sophomore Retreat at Camp Abbey on Monday, April 26, should submit a permission form today to the Campus Ministry Office. See Mr. Flores with any questions.
- Juniors interested in serving as Eucharistic Ministers for the next school year should register with Mr. Flores no later than tomorrow in the Campus Ministry office.
- Juniors: anyone interested in working Operation Upgrade this summer as your service project will meet today after school in Room 304.
- Juniors: If you are interested in taking part in Jesuit’s process to compete for the nomination for the Morehead-Cain Scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, please complete the Application for Nomination Scholarships by Monday, May 3, and turn it in to the Guidance Office in Room 244. The application is in your College Counseling class on Canvas. See your college counselor with any questions.
- Students who have past due printing fees are reminded that payment is due today. Failure to pay printing fees may lead to a loss of computer services. Please pay your fees in Room 213 before school, during break, or during the lunch hour.
- The cafeteria cannot accept checks for lunch accounts after next Thursday. We will accept cash or you can still make online payments to the accounts.
- The Admissions Office is requesting help to get 25 student volunteers from Jesuit to work in the hospitality tent for the Zurich Classic Golf Tournament this Saturday and Sunday at TPC Louisiana in Avondale. For more information and to sign up, go to https://signup.com/go/JgEejTq. Important note: when you sign up, please use the following format for your last name: Last Name-Jesuit, in order to be properly credentialed. See Mr. Hanemann in the admissions office with any questions.