Announcements for Monday, March 22, 2021
Today is Monday, March 22, 2021
- The bowling team will face Brother Martin this afternoon at Colonial Lanes starting at 3:20.
- The 8th grade baseball team will host Brother Martin this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30.
- The JV baseball team plays at Holy Cross this evening starting at 4:30.
- Seniors who did not pick up their graduation announcements from Balfour yesterday should see Mr. Orillion in Room 114 to pick them up.
- This past Saturday, Jesuit’s district champion Mock Trial team competed in the Louisiana State Mock Trial tournament. In two preliminary rounds against strong competition from Caddo Magnet and Zachary, Jesuit’s team of student attorneys Dalton Haydel, Ian Mercer, and Preston Rumney and witnesses Caleb Walsh, Ben Wombacher, Tucker Schibler, and Nish Hasula battled hard but fell short of advancing to the final round. In individual awards, Ben Wombacher was awarded the tournament’s best witness. Congratulations!
- On Friday, the varsity baseball team defeated Central Lafourche 11-0. William Good was the winning pitcher. GIovanni Licciardi, Keith Pittman, Will Wegmann, and Good all hit doubles in the game. On Saturday, the varsity baseball team beat Destrehan 2-0. Michael King pitched a complete game shutout. Zack Casebonne and Holden Hess each had two hits.
- Congratulations to Porter Lichtl and Matthew Knight for being named to District 9-5A Basketball Coaches All-District team.
- Congratulations to the varsity bowling team for defeating the East Jefferson last Thursday. Led by senior Brandon Griffin, who posted an impressive 623 series, the Jays won 17 of 18 games and tied the other. Griffin broke the 200-pin mark in all three of his games. Sophomore Will Carpenter rolled a 196 and a 190. Junior Josh Barazza posted a 192, while classmate Collin Pearce recorded a 190. All students are invited to Colonial Lanes in Harahan this afternoon (Monday) as The Gizzard assembles to cheer on the Jays against perennial state power Brother Martin in a match that is likely to determine this year’s district crown. For those who can’t make it in person, the contest is available online through the Jesuit website starting at 3:20 today.