Announcements for Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Today is Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Third Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are Science and Theology. Tomorrow’s exams are English, Biology 2, Chemistry 2, Computer Studies, and Speech.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time.
- Members of the varsity cross country, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, and track and field teams are reminded to report in uniform to the steps of the Chapel of the North American Martyrs for team photos today at 11:00.
- The Pre-Freshman retreat will take place this Friday, March 12, at Jesuit High School from 8am to 2pm. Pre-Freshman are instructed to enter the courtyard and proceed to the Commons for check-in. Note the change in location. Lunch will be provided. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry office with any questions.
- Sophomores interested in attending the March 23 retreat at Camp Abbey should submit their permission forms to the Campus Ministry Office no later than Friday, March 12. Additional permission forms can be picked up outside of the Campus Ministry Office.
- Attention Juniors: The Ochsner Summer STAR Program provides qualified high school students a cost-free opportunity to explore the world of healthcare. If you have a strong interest in science or medicine and would like experience in the healthcare field, then this is a very worthwhile opportunity. Application materials are due March 12. See Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office with any questions.
- Printing fee for February are due Thursday, March 11th. If you owe money, please pay in Room 215 before school, between exams, or after exams.
- Students are reminded to check the list posted in the discipline office regarding outstanding PH’s for the third quarter. If you are in doubt regarding outstanding PH’s, check to ensure your status. All remaining PH’s for the third quarter are to be served on Thursday following the second exam.
- This past Saturday, two teams of Jesuit student attorneys competed in the Region 4 mock trial tournament. Thirteen teams participated in a mock case involving alleged negligent conduct by a zoo, whose tiger attacked and injured a teenage boy. After two preliminary rounds, Jesuit’s Team Brown made up of attorneys Dalton Haydel, Ian Mercer, and Preston Rumney, and witnesses Caleb Walsh, Ben Wombacher, Tucker Schibler, and Nish Hasula advanced to the final round, in which they defeated a team from Sacred Heart Academy. The team now moves on to the State tournament, which will take place on Saturday, March 20. Jesuit’s Team Black composed of attorneys Owen Etinger, Wade Rogers, and Asher Terrell, and witnesses Daniel Lee, Ben Tran, and Christian Smith competed admirably but did not advance. In individual awards, Ben Wombacher was awarded the tournament’s best witness for the second year in a row. In the final round, Wombacher was again named best witness, and Dalton Haydel was named best attorney. Congratulations.