Announcements for Monday, March 1, 2021
Today is Monday, March 1, 2021
- The varsity basketball team will host Rummel in the regional round of the state playoffs on Monday night in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 6:00. Tickets are $8.00 each for adults and non-Jesuit and non-Rummel students and $5.00 each for Jesuit and Rummel students with ID and children (ages 6-11). Tickets are limited to one per person. There will be 140 walk-up tickets available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis. The ticket booth opens for sales at 5:00.
- The bowling team will face Shaw at AMF Lanes this afternoon starting at 3:20.
- Student Ministry will meet tomorrow at 7:25am in Room 306. Donut breakfast will be provided. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office if you cannot attend.
- All wrestlers will meet after school on Wednesday in the wrestling room. Bring any singlets or warmups to turn in. Anyone interested in joining the wrestling team should also attend. See Coach Orillion if you cannot attend.
- On Friday, the varsity baseball team beat Chalmette 8-3 in the WGNO Tournament. Sean Cashman was the winning pitcher and struck out 10. Collin Loupe and Joel Terry had multiple hits. Zack Casebonne hit a homerun. On Saturday, the varsity baseball team swept the WGNO tournament by defeating Hahnville 10-0 and Fontainebleau 10-5. In the game vs. Hahnville, Giovanni Licciardi and Collin Loupe had multiple hits. Collin Loupe hit a homerun and had five RBI’s. Michael King pitched a complete game. Against Fontainebleau, Ryan Porche picked up the win on the mound. Zack Casebonne and Loupe had two hits each.
- The Jesuit Rugby Team defeated Lake Travis (Austin, TX) 14-0 under the lights on Friday night. The touring side was big and physical, but were no match for the communication and fierce execution of the Jays. The relentless tackling and hustle led to the shut-out.
- The Jesuit Wrestling team capped their season off competing in the State Tournament this weekend. The Blue Jays improved on last years results with a 6th place finish as a team and 7 individual state placers. Unseeded sophomore John Michael Bourgious finished in 3rd place. Sophomore Chase Haydel finished in 6th place. Senior captain Joseph Rosevally took 4th Place. Senior captain Luke Battaglia finished in 3rd place. Senior Yates Hoffman finished in 6th place. Junior Dennis Dougherty finished his season in 3rd place. Finally, freshman heavyweight Spencer Lanosga capped off his first year in the starting line up with a State Runner-up finish. Spencer was also the only freshman from any school to place in the Division 1 State Tournament this year.