Announcements for Friday, February 26, 2021
Today is Friday, February 26, 2021
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the state tournament at the River Center in Baton Rouge today starting at 9:00 a.m. and on Saturday starting at 10:00 a.m.
- Some of the Jesuit matches from the state wrestling tournament will be streamed today in the Commons.
- The varsity lacrosse team will open its season on Saturday afternoon at Joe Yenni starting at 2:00. The JV “A” game begins at 4:00. The JV “B” lacrosse team will face Brother Martin at Shaw on Saturday morning starting at 9:00.
- The JV baseball team will play a doubleheader at Lakeshore on Saturday starting at 11:00.
- The 9th grade baseball team will face Hahnville at 1:00 and Thibodaux at 3:00 on Saturday with both games being played at Hahnville.
- The varsity baseball team will continue play in the WGNO Classic tonight facing Chalmette at Chalmette starting at 7:00. There are no tickets available for this game. On Saturday the team will conclude WGNO Classic play with a pair of games at John Ryan Stadium. The team faces Hahnville at 11:00 and Fontainebleau at 3:00. Walk up tickets are available for both of these games.
- The varsity basketball team will host Rummel in the regional round of the state playoffs on Monday night in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 6:00. Tickets are $8.00 each for adults and non-Jesuit and non-Rummel students and $5.00 each for Jesuit and Rummel students with ID and children (ages 6-11). There will be 200 walk-up tickets available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis. The ticket booth opens for sales at 5:00.
- Students interested in playing beach volleyball are asked to sign up in Room 323 no later than Wednesday, March 3rd. Practice will start Monday, March 1st at 4:30 pm. It will continue for the entire week at Coconut Beach. Games will start on Monday, March 8th at 4:30 pm and ending around 6 pm. Please see Mrs. Catalano if you have any questions.
- Sophomore David Vasquez painted a portrait of Chadwick Boseman, star of Marvel’s Black Panther who recently died of cancer, for Black History Month at Jesuit. Boseman serves as an inspiration for David and you can view this portrait on the second floor today during lunch outside the Art Room.
- Any students who are interested in taking an AP exam in May and who have not yet registered must do so by Monday, March 1. Registration information can be found under the Academics tab on the Jesuit website.
- Attention all students who drive to school. There is a link on the school’s website and also on canvas which lists rules for parking in the City of New Orleans. It is important that you understand the contents of this document in order to avoid parking violations which may result in ticketing and in your vehicle being towed.
- Sunday at the State Indoor Track & Field Meet, Michael Vocke, Jack DesRoches, Morgan Hebert, and Jack Wallace won the 4×800 Relay upsetting state rival Catholic and simultaneously setting a new school record. Congratulations!
- On Thursday, the varsity baseball opened the WGNO tournament with a 12-1 victory over Lakeshore. Tripp Haddad, Zack Casebonne, and Collin Loupe each had two hits. Holden Hess pitched five innings and struck out seven.
- The varsity bowling team rolled over Patrick Taylor Science/Technology on Thursday, 22-5. The high game belonged to junior Gary “Fastball” Simms with a 259. Cool Hand Luke Wood posted a 243. The high three-game series was put up by Ben “Top Gun” Hunn. The Blue Jays bowlers are 4-1. Next March is Monday against Archbishop Shaw at AMF in Kenner.