Announcements for Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Today is Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- Confessions will be heard today in the 2nd floor chapel during the second half of both lunches.
- The Black History Month presentation on the history of the integration of Jesuit given by Mr. Mat Grau ’68 and Mr. Brandon Gregoire ’91 will take place today during both lunches in St. Ignatius Hall (3rd floor of the Banks St. administrative wing). Bring your lunch with you as the presentation will run into second half of each punch period. Snacks will be provided. The seating is limited on a first come, first served basis.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of both lunches in the auditorium.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Rummel tonight with tip off set for 7:00. There are a limited amount of tickets available for purchase on a first come first serve basis at the gate. The JV game begins at 5:30.
- Any student interested in being on Jesuit’s competitive bass fishing team should meet tomorrow after school in the auditorium. Please see Mrs. Swan with any questions.
- The varsity soccer team will host West Jefferson in the 2nd round of the state playoffs on Wednesday evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00. Tickets are available for purchase at the gate and are priced at $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for Jesuit students with ID and children.
- Freshmen are reminded that blue forms indicating your choice of Fine Arts or Art for next school year are now past due. Please return your form to the Principal’s office. See Mrs. Swan in Room 239 with any questions.
- Juniors are reminded that senior elective forms are now due. Please return your form to the Principal’s office. See Mrs. Swan in Room 239 with any questions.
- Juniors are reminded that registration for Kairos is now available. Please register on the school’s website under the “Spirituality” web page. Spots are available on first come first serve basis and the deadline to register is Friday, Feb. 12. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office with any questions.
- The Jesuit community is invited to participate in two upcoming service events. On Saturday, Jesuit will work with the Pontchartrain Conservancy to plant 400 cypress trees in a St. Bernard Parish swamp. On Monday (Lundi Gras), Jesuit will work with Sustaining Our Urban Landscape to plant trees at Hardin Park in the 7th Ward. See Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information. All are welcome.
- Students are not allowed to eat on the third floor balcony. No exceptions.
- PH scheduled for this Wednesday is canceled due to a faculty meeting. Any PH scheduled for Wednesday must be served on Thursday.